Sunday, October 25, 2020

TURNING TO OUR DIVINE PARENT

 







TURNING TO OUR DIVINE PARENT


I had the greatest family=

I had the

GREATEST FATHER AND MOTHER


I love them and MISS THEM=

As much today

As much as

WHEN each of them

Left this world


And I still have them=

LIVING in my heart

Just as much as ever


And I have my DIVINE PARENT=

MY FATHER GOD=

Living in me

Just as much as ever too


“Be IMITATORS Of God

As beloved children

And live in LOVE.......” Ephesians 5:1


“To have a fool

For a child brings grief


There is no joy

FOR THE PARENT

Of a godless fool” Proverbs 17:21


CHILDREN learn how

To behave-

From watching

And being watched

By their parents


I learned MY FAITH

From my father and mother=

I LEARNED to love God

And to RESPECT God

From my parents


TURNING to my

DIVENE PARENTS

From my earthly parents


We are CHILDREN of God=

We BELONG to our FATHER God

And our earthly parents

IF they are good


“Honor your FATHER and mother

So that

You may live long

In the land=Your God=is giving you” Exodus 20:12


“Jesus answered=

'Don't you know me Philip

Even after I have been

Among you=such a long time?


Anyone who has seen me

Has seen the FATHER=how

Can you say

'Show us the FATHER?'” John 14:9


TURNING to our ONE

Mother and father

During our childhood years


TURNING TO OUR

DIVINE PARENT=

Throughout our life


My parents were

Good ROLE MODELS for me


But even if we

Don't have good PARENTS=

We can still

TURN TO OUR DIVINE FATHER

To learn how to live and love


Our ability to IMITATE GOD-

Our divine FATHER

Takes MORE than just

Acting out=divine behavior


It takes OUR TRUST=

The trust between

A child and DIVINE FATHER


“The law of the Lord

Is perfect=

Refreshing the soul


The statutes of the Lord

Are TRUSTWORTHY-

Making wise the simple” Psalm 20:7


TURN TO YOUR DIVINE PARENT=

Trust in our ever

Father God=and the LOVE

You learned

From your parents


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of the HOLY FATHER GOD


Robert P. Wallman

10-25-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Elizabeth Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment