Friday, March 17, 2017

SAINT PATRICK



















HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE=
EVERYONE IS IRISH TODAY=
DON'T FORGET-to wear your green


SAINT PATRICK


Saint Patrick was born around 390-
PROBABLY in Wales


His father was a deacon


His faith became MEANINGFUL to him
ONLY after he was carried off
As a slave and captive to IRELAND
When he was 16


DURING the 6 years
Of his slavery
He became-A MAN OF GOD


He wrote DIVINE INSPIRATIONS
During these years
And then he escaped
And returned home


In his dreams-he felt CALLED
To RETURN to Ireland
And then he went to monasteries
For training and became a bishop


In 30 years of labor
MOSTLY in the west and north
He and his co-workers
Converted Ireland


In his autobiography
Also called CONFESSION
He combines humility
With a sense of mission


Saint Patrick-always REFUSED gifts
And like Saint Paul
Had to DEFEND himself
Against false charges


He had a deep CONVICTION
Of his personal call to God


He once wrote:
“Regardless of the danger
I MUST make known
The GIFT of God
And everlasting consolation


Without fear-and frankly
I must SPREAD everywhere
The NAME OF GOD


So that AFTER my DECREASE
I may leave a bequest
To my brethren and sons
WHOM I have baptized
IN the Lord-


So many thousands of people”
(Confession 14)


Saint Patrick passed in the year 460


Robert P. Wallman
3-16-17


Ps MAY we ALL live up
To our CALL by God
As Saint Patrick did


I look forward
To HONORING Saint Patrick
With a green beer tonight




HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY my friends
I LOVE YOU ALL


rpw=my middle name IS PATRICK








No comments:

Post a Comment