Sunday, January 14, 2018

AGING AND WISDOM=GRACE=AND CHARACTER



















AGING AND WISDOM=GRACE=
AND CHARACTER


WHEN I was younger
I was a little bit
More IMPULSIVE


I didn't always think things through
But as I have gotten older=
I would like to THINK=
I have a little more WISDOM=
A little more CHARACTER=
Maybe even a TOUCH OF GRACE


“Then Eli UNDERSTOOD that the Lord
Was CALLING the youth” 1 Samuel 3:8


The Lord called Samuel three
Times=but in his youth=
And LACK of experience
Samuel THOUGHT it was Eli


Eli was an ELDER who
Was going BLIND
“His eyes had lately grown so WEAK
That he could NOT SEE”


With Eli's vast experience
And WISDOM=Eli realized=
The LORD is CALLING Samuel=and
That he has a PLAN
For his life


Let us GIVE THANKS
For the ELDERS of our community
And the elders of our church
Whose WISDOM helps us mature


And helps us CHANGE OUR LIVES


“The fear of the LORD
Is the BEGINNING
Of WISDOM


ALL who follow his precepts
Have good understanding


To him
BELONGS eternal praise” Psalm 111:10


“BLESSED are those
Who FIND WISDOM


Those who gain understanding” Proverbs 3:13


“It is=because of him
That you are in Christ Jesus


Who has BECOME for us
WISDOM from God
That is


Our righteousness=holiness=
And REDEMPTION” 1 Corinthians 1:30


My grandfather USED to say
“You CAN'T put old heads
On young bodies”


I wish I would have been
A little bit LESS IMPULSIVE
When I was younger


With my EXPERIENCE in life=
CAME a little more CHARACTER=
A little more of GOD'S GRACE and
Some INTEGRITY


Thinking things THROUGH a
Little bit more=BEFORE ACTING


Eli HELPS Samuel=with his WISDOM
And character=
Eli's wisdom is a VITAL COMPONENT


Samuel would have NEVER RECEIVED
His CALLING if it wasn't for
His aging MENTOR=Eli


“And NOW my daughter=
Don't be afraid


I will DO for you
ALL you ask


All the people of my town=
KNOW that you are a woman
Of NOBLE CHARACTER” Ruth 3:11


“Not only so=but we also GLORY
In our sufferings


Because we know that
Suffering produces perseverance=
Perseverance-character=and CHARACTER=
Hope” Romans 5:3-4


Like Eli=I have grown and aged
IN wisdom=grace=and CHARACTER


And I hope I can SHARE
These qualities with the YOUTH
Of this world


And that you CAN TOO


In Jesus' name and the name of our GLORIOUS FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
1-14-18





Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce RUPP, O.S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment