Friday, January 5, 2018

WELL PLEASED=?



















WELL PLEASED?


Our Father was WELL PLEASED
With his SON=the day he
Was BAPTIZED by John the BAPTIST


But I have a hard time=
IMAGINING that our Father is
Well pleased with our world


A world FULL of violent crime
Including murder=stealing=rape=divorce=
And DECEIT upon deceit


And yet I HOPE and PRAY
That he is WELL PLEASED
With you and me and
OUR Christian lives of LOVE=
Forgiveness=and KINDNESS
That we are leading


“JUST as Jesus
Was coming up-
OUT of the water


He saw heaven
Being torn OPEN
And the SPIRIT
Descending on him
Like a DOVE


And a VOICE
Came down from heaven:


'You are my Son
Whom I love
With you-I
AM well pleased'” Mark 1:7-11


Yes=the FATHER=LOVED his SON
And he loves us


I KNOW he well-pleased
With Jesus=and I HOPE he is
WELL PLEASED with you and me
As we go about
LIVING our CHRISTIAN LIVES


“WILL the Lord
Be PLEASED
With thousands of rams


With ten thousand rivers
Of olive oil?


SHALL I offer my firstborn
For my transgression


The FRUIT of my body
For the sin of my soul?” Micah 6:7


“For since
In the WISDOM OF GOD
The world


THROUGH its wisdom-
Did NOT know him


God was PLEASED
Through the foolishness
Of what was preached
To SAVE those who BELIEVE” 1 Corinthian 1:21


I was baptized as an INFANT
On February 6th, 1955=my mom
And dad's first wedding anniversary


And I have REINFORCED my VOWS
Numerous times as an adult


I hope I have LIVED the
CHRISTIAN LIFE=as well as I can=
And WELL ENOUGH=to receive
God's reward=EVERLASTING LIFE


“Ant this is the TESTIMONY:
God has give us
ETERNAL LIFE


And this life
Is IN his Son


WHOEVER has the SON
Has life=
Whoever does not have
The Son of God
Does not have life” 1 John 5:11-12


Dear Lord=I hope and PRAY=
For my brothers and sisters
That we have LIVED a life
WELL PLEASING to you


And I HOPE AND PRAY=that we
Will INHERIT the reward of
EVERLASTING LIFE=and one day
We will HEAR the words=


“Well DONE=
GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT” Matthew 25:21


In Jesus' name and in the name
OF HIS GLORIOUS FATHER


Robert P. Wallman

1-5-18

No comments:

Post a Comment