Wednesday, April 3, 2019

ANGRY WITH GOD?














ANGRY WITH GOD?


Do you ever get
ANGRY with God?=over
One thing or another


WHEN you don't get
Something that you wanted-
Or something really bad HAPPENS=
I know
That I do


“So the Lord relented
In the punishment
He had threatened


To inflict
On his people” Exodus 32:14


I liked how
Moses ARGUED with God=
I think I like Moses
Because I argue with God too


Or at least DISCUSS
My many problems
With God too=
And I don't think
God minds=
I think that is what
PRAYER really is


OPENING ourselves up and
Our feelings=About everything
We feel in life=
Like happiness-anger-etc. etc., etc.,


Job is another one
We know of=who DISCUSSED
With=or ARGUED his case
With God


“But I desire
To speak to
The Almighty


And to ARGUE
My case with God” Job 13:3


“Will you show him
Partiality=will you ARGUE
The case for GOD? Job 13:8


“'Present your case'
Says the Lord
'Set forth your ARGUMENTS'
Says Jacob's King” Isaiah 41:21


I think we all like
To present our cases
To God=I think we
All like to TELL GOD
WHY our way is better


HOW could you let
That happen to me?
How come all the GOOD THINGS
Happen to all the BAD PEOPLE?


Fortunately for us=God forgives
Our complaining=just as
He forgave the Israelites=
And he forgave MOSES


Sometimes we just fail
To forgive God=sometimes we
Just don't listen to God=
Sometimes we get
ENSLAVED to just what
We want


Nevertheless GOD LOVES US=
God listens to us=
And our anger


He tries to lead us
OUT OF SLAVERY and sin
And in the right direction


“DIRECT me
In the path
Of your commands


For there
I find delight” Psalm 119:35


“DIRECT my footsteps
According to you word=
Let no sin
Rule over me” Psalm 119:133


Dear Lord=thank you
For leaving an OPEN DOOR
Between you and me


Thank you for listening
To us=even when
WE ARE ANGRY


And forgiving us=even
WHEN our arguments
Make no sense


In Jesus' name=and in the name
Of our always loving=
ALWAYS LISTENING GOD


Robert P. Wallman
4-3-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Aileen A. O'Donoghue





No comments:

Post a Comment