Sunday, April 7, 2019

REMEMBERING THE SHEPHERD=EACH DAY!














REMEMBERING THE SHEPHERD=EACH DAY!


The SABBATH DAY has
BECOME full of activity=
It has become a DAY


FULL of kids' activities=
Sporting events=and all KINDS
Of work


I can REMEMBER=when I was
YOUNG=that Sunday was a day
Of REST=it was even a day
When all the stores
Would close=or close up early


“The Lord is my shepherd=
I shall not want
In verdant pastures


He gives me repose
Beside RESTFUL waters
He leads me


He REFRESHES my soul” Psalm 23:1-3


REMEMBERING THE SHEPHERD=
Each day=especially
ON the Sabbath day


We push ourselves
To the point
Of exhaustion=to the point
Where it takes its TOLL
On us=and all those around us
Particularly our FAMILIES


We need to take
SOME TIME out for REST-
Particularly on SUNDAY


We need to REMEMBER
The SHEPHERD=take some time out
For REST=and let the Lord
LEAD US


“From the ends
Of the earth
I call to you


I call as
My heart grows faint


LEAD me to the rock
That is higher
Than I” Psalm 61:2


“I instruct you
In the way
Of wisdom


And LEAD YOU
Along straight paths” Proverbs 4:11


“Dear children-
Do not let anyone
LEAD you astray


The one who does
What is right
Is righteous


Just as he is righteous” 1 John 3:7


When we take TIME
To rest each day
But particularly on
The SABBATH DAY


The Lord
RESTORES our souls


He restores us when we PRAY=
When we take some tine
EACH DAY-
To offer it
UP to the Lord


We need to make it=
A POINT=each day=
And pause=
And REMEMBER THE SHEPHERD


We need to stop=PAUSE
And REMEMBER the LORD
Each and every day


“I thank my GOD=
Every time
I REMEMBER you” Philippians 1:3


Let us remind ourselves
EACH and every day


And particularly-
On the Sabbath day
To stop=pause=
And REMEMBER THE LORD


Let us take ONE intentional
Break each day=every day
To Remember the LORD


And RESTORE our souls


In Jesus' name and in the name of God=OUR LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
4-7-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Kristin Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment