Wednesday, April 17, 2019

REMEMBERING THE BREAD OF HOPE AND PROMISE














REMEMBERING THE BREAD OF HOPE AND PROMISE


What would you SAY if
You KNEW it was going
To be-
The LAST WORDS=you say
On this earth?


I already faced that
PROBLEM=and this IS
What I said=


“I don't think God wants
Me to die=but if
He does=there MUST
Be a reason


And if he GRANTS
Me life=I would LIVE
For my family=friends=
And ALL people everywhere”


That is OVER 42 years
Ago now=and I am STILL HERE


In constant pain=but LIVING
And offering my life up
FOR OTHERS


What would you say?
What would you do?


But Jesus
GIVES us the
MODEL RESPONSE


On the very night
Of his betrayal-agony-and
Being TREATED as a
Common criminal


“This is MY BODY
That is for you


Do this
In REMEMBRANCE of me” 1 Corinthians 11:24


Remembering the bread
Of HOPE AND PROMISE


Remembering the BREAD OF LIFE


Jesus leaves us
A LEGACY=a summary
Of everything-


His life
Has been all about


He looks around at
The fearful=CONFUSED FACES
Sitting at the table
With him


He IMPRINTS that image
On his HEART
And says=
“This is my BODY
That is for you”


Remembering Jesus always
But particularly=
These NEXT few days


Remembering the bread
Of HOPE AND PROMISE


“Why my soul
Are you downcast?
WHY so disturbed
Within me?


Put your HOPE
In God-
For I will yet
Praise him


My SAVIOR=and my God” Psalm 42:5


“There is surely
A FUTURE HOPE for you
And your HOPE
Will NOT be cut off” Proverbs 23:18


“All who have
This HOPE in him
Purify themselves


Just as he is pure” 1 John 3:3


Eat this bread
Of HOPE AND PROMISE=
Take the BODY of Christ
As often
As you can


And LIVE your lives
As a MEMORIAL
To God the FATHER=
And to his SON=Jesus


REMEMBER Christ's last
Words always=and remember
HIS and the Father's
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for you too


For what it is worth=
I LOVE YOU ALL TOO


In Jesus' name and in the name=of the FATHER=REMEMBER always their LAST WORDS


Robert P. Wallman
4-17-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment