Tuesday, April 16, 2019

RECEIVING AND GIVING GIFTS














RECEIVING AND GIVING GIFTS


I can't do BIG GIFTS
For people=because of
My LIMITED INCOME


But I do TRY
To do a lot
Of little things


SEND CARDS=write poems=remember
People on their birthdays


But a lot of people
DO things for me too=and
This leads me to ASK
“What kind of RECEIVER
Am I?”


For the good things
I RECEIVE from God
And others=
Hopefully a GRATEFUL ONE=
And hopefully


Someone who expresses
A lot of GRATITUDE
For the BLESSINGS
I receive in life


“The Lord has
GIVEN ME
A well-trained tongue


That I might know
How to speak
To the weary


A WORD
That will rouse them” Isaiah 50:4


Next to LIFE itself
That might be
My greatest gift


The GIFT
Of putting WORDS together=
To encourage others


What KIND of receiver
Of gifts=am I?
What kind of receiver
Of gifts=are you?


Hopefully=GRATEFUL ONES


“He who finds a wife
Finds what is good


And RECEIVES favor
From the LORD” Proverbs 18:22


“For everyone who asks-
RECEIVES=
The one who seeks-
Finds=
And the one who knocks
The door will be OPENED” Matthew 7:8


“All the prophets testify
About him=that everyone
Who RECEIVES in him


RECEIVES forgiveness of sins
Through his name” Acts 10:43


How do you USE
The GIFTS
You receive from others?


Do you re-gift?
Do you PUT IT AWAY
In a closet=and
NEVER wear it?


And HOW do you USE
The gifts God has
GIVEN YOU?


If you have a
WELL-TRAINED tongue
Do you inspire others?


If you have MATERIAL BLESSINGS=
Do you pass them on
TO OTHERS?


I hope and PRAY
That my words=INSPIRE you
When you are weary


That they GIVE YOU HOPE


“How sweet
Are your WORDS
To my taste


Sweeter than honey
To my mouth” Psalm 119:103


“Heaven and earth
Will pass away


But MY WORDS
Will never pass away” Matthew 24:35


Dear Lord=may the GIFTS
I have
RECEIVED from you


Be given to others=
In HUMILITY=and IN LOVE


In Jesus' name and in the name=of our all-LOVING=ALL GIVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
4-16-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Judy Schueneman





No comments:

Post a Comment