Thursday, April 11, 2019

YOU HAVE A MISSION TOO!




















YOU HAVE A MISSION TOO!




Jesus was on a MISSION
With his life


To bring LOVE-forgiveness-
Kindness-and healing
To a fallen world


God had a plan
And a destiny
For his SON'S life


“........how great is my anguish
Until it is accomplished” Luke 12:50


Jesus had a driving sense
Of his mission


Jesus said,
“Because you have
So little FAITH


Truly I tell you
if you have faith
As small as a mustard seed


You can say to this mountain,
'Move from here to there'
And it will move,


NOTHING will be impossible
To you” Matthew 17:20-21


NO ONE ever really thought
That Jesus was
THE MESSIAH


With the possible exception
Of Peter-the other Apostles-
Mary-his mother-and Mary Magdalene
Until his RESURRECTION


But he had a “fire”
To set on earth
And HE ACCOMPLISHED HIS MISSION


“Jesus looked at them
And said,


'With man this is IMPOSSIBLE
But not with God;


ALL things are possible
With God'” Mark 10:27


We may not recognize it
But we too
ARE CALLED on
In a MISSION for God


God has a PLAN
For each
And everyone of our lives


I think back
TO WHEN I was 22


When I was given
Zero % chance to live


Because of gangrene-peritonitis-a 108 degree fever
And a blood count that reached as low as three


Yet here I STILL sit and stand
Some 38 + years later


I PROMISED:


“To LIVE for my family-
My friends-
And ALL PEOPLE everywhere”


And I will
ATTEMPT to carry that PROMISE
That I made to God
UNTIL the day
That I die


“And we know
That in ALL things
God works for the GOOD
Of those who LOVE HIM


Who have been called
ACCORDING to his PURPOSE” Romans 8:28


And I PROMISE YOU
That you too have a MISSION
FOR GOD


No matter how “ORDINARY”
Your life may seem


The little things you do
For others in life
ARE NOT UNIMPORTANT


A birthday card
A KIND WORD to another
A visit to the elderly
Or a shut-in


There is NO TELLING
How your life
May affect another human being


Even PRAYERS for others
HELP THEM
In fact I truly BELIEVE
They may be OUR BEST WEAPON


“For I know
The PLANS I have for you”
Declares the Lord


Plans to PROSPER you
And not to harm you


And to give you HOPE
And a FUTURE” Jeremiah 29:11


It is important
That you KNOW
You have a MISSION


As a 21st century
Disciple and apostle of Christ


To give someone else
HOPE and a FUTURE


SHARE with others
The LOVE AND KINDNESS-
That God gave to you


And you will
FULFILL YOUR MISSION


Robert P. Wallman
10-22-15




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Msgr. Stephen J. Rossetti




Ps 4-11-2019





No comments:

Post a Comment