Saturday, May 15, 2021

THE SECRET OF RADIANT LIVING









MAY 15th, 2012







THE SECRET TO RADIANT LIVING



The great German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche

Once said,

To a group of Christians,

“I thought you were redeemed

You don’t look alive

Most of you look half dead”


Jesus said,

“I am the vine

You are the branches”


And in the XVth chapter

Of Saint Matthew’s Gospel

He says,

“If anyone

Wants to come after me

He must deny himself

And take up his cross

And follow me”


Are you serious Lord

What do you mean


I think

Jesus is telling us

That our cross

Is anything

That separates us

From God and him

Anything we are putting

Above God and Jesus


I think

Jesus is telling us

That there

Can be no co-existence

Between God

And our selfish sinful nature


I think Jesus

Is trying to teach us

To do things

His way

To live

Out of love

And out of compassion


And that

If we do this

We will leave

The world a better place

Than the world we found


And so Lord we pray

I am weak

But you are strong

Please teach us

To live radiantly

Through you


Please take over

And shine through us

And in us

In ways

That we will never know


And we pray Jesus

That you

Be given all the glory

Amen


Robert P. Wallman

9-2-10


Ps Inspired by the teaching of Father Leo Clifford



The cross is the means by which Jesus died and is used as a metaphor

For self-sacrifice


“For the message of the cross is foolishness

To those who are perishing

But to us who are being saved

It is the Power of God


For it is written:


“I will destroy

The wisdom of the wise

The intelligence of the intelligent

I will frustrate”


Where is the wise man?

Where is the scholar?

Where is the philosopher of this age?


Has not God

Made foolish

The wisdom of the world?” 1 Corinthians:18 thru 20








No comments:

Post a Comment