Saturday, August 13, 2022

CALLED TO BE=A FAITHFUL FRIEND

 

CALLED TO BE=A FAITHFUL FRIEND

 

There is NOTHING

In this world

LIKE A FAITHFUL FRIEND

 

My recent trip to Pennsylvania

PROVES that point=

The trip

Would NOT have happened

Without my family

AND FAITHFUL FRIENDS

 

And I would not

Have the LIFE

That I have=IN FLORIDA

Without my family

Without my dear friends

CALLED TO BE

A FAITHFUL FRIEND

 

“Since we are SURROUNDED

By so great

A CLOUD OF WITNESSES

 

Let us rid ourselves

Of every burden=and sin

That clings to us

 

And persevere

In running the race

That lies before us……..”                                                                                             Hebrews 12:1-2

 

NONE of us

Run our race alone=

And we are there

TO ENCOURAGE our=family and friends

As they are there

To HELP us along too

CALLED TO BE=A FAITHFUL FRIEND

For one another

 

The author of the Letter

To the Hebrews=gives us a STIRRING RECITAL

To the great heroes

Of the faith

 

These EXAMPLES of

FAITH FILLED men and women

Are there to ENCOURAGE US

In the daily challenges

Of our FAITH

 

MY FRIENDS

Encourage me in my faith

And I HOPE

I encourage my friends too

CALLED TO BE=A FAITHFUL FRIEND

 

“The Lord would speak

To Moses face-to face=

As one=SPEAKS TO A FRIEND”                                                                                               Exodus 33:11

 

“A FRIEND=loves at all times

For a brother=is born

For a time of adversity”                                                                                                         Proverbs 17:17

 

“You adulterous people-

Don’t you know

 

That FRIENDSHIP with the world

Means enmity against God?”                                                                                                          James 4:4

 

ONE of the great examples

Of FRIENDSHIP=In the New Testament

 

Is when the FRIENDS

Of a paralytic

LOWER him through the roof

To Lay=at the feet of Jesus

So he can=LISTEN TO HIS WORDS

 

Where would he be

Without his FAITHFUL FRIENDS?

Where would I be

Without the Lord=and my FAITHFUL

FAMILY AND FRIENDS?

Exactly nowhere

CALLED TO BE=A FAITHFUL FRIEND!

 

In Jesus’ name=and in the name=Of our ALWAYS FAITHFUL FRIEND=the Holy Father God!

 

Robert P. Wallman

8-13-2022

 

 

Ps       INSPIRED by an article=IN LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE=by Fr. Dennis Gallagher A.A.         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment