Saturday, December 10, 2022

FINDING GOD=in the MOST UNLIKELY PLACES

 















FINDING GOD

(in the MOST UNLIKELY of PLACES)



WHEN AND WHERE

Did you first

Begin to 

REALLY find God

In your life


The TRUTH of the matter is

We only

First begin to find God

WHEN we are broken

When we don't know where

Or who

To turn to anymore


God is usually found

In MAJOR life changes


Like illness

Like finances

Like broken relationships

Or in a career change


Something significant

Has changed in our life

Something disturbing or unsettling

Comes to LIVE in our heart


We become broken


For me

The year was 1977

I had just come

Out of my third life/death surgery

Within a year


The doctors still didn't know what was wrong

With me


Yet I still

Couldn't get out of bed

I was broken

I was useless


I laid in my bed

In my room

Pouring out my heart and soul

To God


Asking him for help

Asking him-to LEAD me


“I have found David

The son of Jesse 


A man

After my own heart


He will do everything

I want him too”                                                                 Acts 13:22


I was a man

AFTER God's own heart

I was a man

After God's leadership


Just laying in my bed

EVERY night

PRAYING for a different direction

Any direction to go


“For where your TREASURE is

There your heart will also be”                                               Matthew 6:21


I was TOTALLY broken

No health

No money

No relationship 

No job


SICK-but no reason


I drove to 

The Woods Run library

I read

EVERYTHING there was to read


As I crawled

Around the aisles

READING book after book

I became CONVINCED

I had Crohn's disease 


I drove to my surgeon's office

With my findings

Waiting for him

To believe in my

SELF-called breakthrough


It didn't happen

he told me

I was crazy


I remained undeterred


“BUT if you

SHALL seek the Lord

You shall find him


IF you seek him

With ALL your heart

And with

ALL YOUR SOUL”                                                        Deuteronomy 4:29


In July of 1981

A doctor found

The inflammatory bowel disease


I can still see

His face

HE WAS STUNNED


The Doctor apologized to me

And said:


“You should be the doctor”


I can still SEE his face


ALONE in my room

Broken and bewildered

I FOUND GOD


And I know

That you can too


Robert P. Wallman

7-7-14



PS        MISC.        WITNESS         7-26-14 and 12-10-2022


No comments:

Post a Comment