Friday, December 9, 2022

YOU REALLY CAN=GO HOME AGAIN

 










YOU REALLY CAN-GO HOME AGAIN


“YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN,” was a novel

Written by Thomas Wolfe-

And published posthumously in 1940


It-the novel-tells the story-

Of a fledgling author's success

The man writes a book

With frequent references to his hometown


The book IS a national success

But it makes the residents-

Of the town-very UNHAPPY-

with the depiction of their town


And they respond

By SENDING-menacing letters 

And death threats 


And of course-OUR JESUS-our Savior-

And the LIGHT of the world

Found out-FIRST HAND-it to be true


He TRIED to return home too-

And FOUND a prophet was without honor

In his own country


“Coming to his hometown

He began teaching

The people in their synagogue

And they were amazed


'WHERE did this man

Get this wisdom

And THESE miraculous powers,'

They asked


'Isn't this the carpenter's son?

Isn't his mother's name Mary?


And aren't his brothers:

James-Joseph-Simon-and Judas?

Aren't ALL his sisters with us?

WHERE did this man

Get ALL these things?'


And they took OFFENSE at him”                                                            Matthew 13:54-57


Jesus could NOT perform any miracles-there-

Because they did not believe in him


Well I recently RETURNED

From an 18 day trip up NORTH-

To Maryland-Virginia-and to my hometown

Of Pittsburgh, Pa.


My sister Mary-and her FAMILY-treated me

ROYALLY at her home-and I could not

Be more proud of my four nieces


They are ALL BEAUTIFUL

Inside and out

And talk about a THANKSGIVING DINNER

And having something to be thankful about


“LET the peace of Christ

Rule in your hearts

Since-as members-


Of one body

You WERE called to peace

And be THANKFUL”                                                                                   Colossians 3:15


“DEVOTE yourselves to PRAYER

Being watchful and thankful”                                                                            Colossians 4:2


“Therefore

Since we are RECEIVING

A kingdom-that cannot be shaken


Let us be THANKFUL

And so worship God-acceptably-

With reverence and awe-for our

'God IS a consuming fire'”                                                                        Hebrews 12:28-29


I VISITED with uncles and aunts-cousins-

CHILDREN of cousins-and friend after friend


And those I couldn't see in person-

I spoke with via phone


And there was a card game

ATTENDED by 8 childhood friends-

a friendly game of poker


I had a night of FELLOWSHIP

With my friends-hot sausage sandwiches-

And even a couple of ROLLING ROCKS

(For the record-I lost .60 cents)


You can't BUILD a life-

The life that I have-and I AM

TRULY BLESSED-humbled-and grateful-

To everyone-most of all-God


And I got to attend MASS-numerous times-

And even a ROSARY=THANK YOU Diane


So if you have any DOUBT

About God's GREAT LOVE & MERCY

For you 


READ chapter 15 of Saint Luke's GOSPEL

About one lost sheep-one lost coin-

And one LOST lonely son

Whose FATHER is just waiting for his return


I found literally

Because of FAMILY AND FRIENDS 


You really can-GO HOME AGAIN


But the SAME can be said about God 

And his LOVE FOR YOU 


I love God-I love my FAMILY- 

I LOVE my friends 


And while I am extremely HAPPY

With my old life


I love my NEW life

Down in Florida too


ONE THING is for sure

You really CAN go home again


Robert P. Wallman

12-11-16 and 12-09-2022



Ps         SPECIAL THANKS to my sister Terri=who MAKES this all possible

             LOVE YOU ALL!



No comments:

Post a Comment