Saturday, January 20, 2024

GOD'S GREATEST GIFT

 

 

 

 

 

JANUARY 20th, 2012

 

 

GOD’S GREATEST GIFT

 

 

The greatest gift that I ever received was the gift of life.  I don’t think that I began

To be conscious of that fact until I walked away from my first hospitalization, which

Began on my 22nd birthday.

 

During the hospitalization, I was given 0 percent chance to survive.  Additionally,

Three of the next five years, I was in the hospital, in critical shape, in hospitalizations

That overlapped my birthday.  Add to that a lifetime of chronic illness and pain, and I

Began to see how precious that life was, and what a gift that it is.  And that it is not to

Be taken for granted.

 

I began a search for God, a search for God’s love, and a search to find God’s love in

All others.  Some of the things that I learned are; that the small things that happen in life

Are every bit as important as the big things.

 

The sending of a birthday card.  The receiving of a birthday card.  The phone call from

A friend to see how you are.  The phone call to a friend to see if there is anything that

You can do when they are facing tough times.  Holding a door for a stranger, giving up

your seat for someone on the bus.  These little ordinary things are just as important as the

big things.

 

I learned that little acts of kindness in life, both given and received, are very important.

I learned to see God in them.

 

And most of all, I learned that life, in whatever form, is God’s greatest gift.

 

Robert P. Wallman

5-23-07

 

 

ps        misc.        WITNESS        1-27-14

 

No comments:

Post a Comment