Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP As BELIEVERS of God And Christ One of the things We are CALLED UPON to do Is to develop A personal relationship With God and Christ A relationship Where we SHARE everything With our Lord This is in addition To our FELLOWSHIP at church “........they should know you........ And the one whom you sent- Jesus Christ” John 17:3 I believe A lot of people in this world HATE religion And I believe it is Because of some of the things That have been done in this world In the NAME of religion ( and is STILL being done today ) But we can only Find our salvation in this world THROUGH a personal relationship With God and Jesus “The Lord is my LIGHT And my SALVATION- Whom shall I fear? The Lord Is the STRONGHOLD of my life- Of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1 “Surely the idolatrous commotion On the hills And mountains Is a deception Surely- In the Lord our God Is the SALVATION of Israel” Jeremiah 3:23 “For I am not ashamed Of the gospel Because it is the POWER OF GOD That brings SALVATION to everyone Who believes First to the Jew- Then to the Gentile” Romans 1:16 The concept of salvation Can be DIFFICULT to understand But ALL the ways Of understanding salvation CENTER around the person of Jesus And coming to KNOW HIM As I said- I don't like the word “Religious” When people say that I am this I always correct them-and tell them I prefer the word-”SPIRITUAL” Yet I believe OUR WALK with Jesus Cannot be made alone And must be made in conjunction With God-and Jesus-and others And with our church community Or church communities HOW do we Get to know this Jesus Some 2,000 after his departure From this earth? By OPENING up our hearts And loving him and loving others OPEN UP your heart To God and Jesus He will indeed COME You will indeed KNOW HIM And through your relationship With our mysterious God and Jesus You will: FIND YOUR SALVATION Dear Lord-we pray- PLEASE come into our lives And SHARE them with us In Jesus' name Robert P. Wallman 5-10-6 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Msgr. Stephen J. Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment