Wednesday, May 18, 2016

GOD WILLING

GOD WILLING There used to be a saying- Among “the old-timers-” my Grandparents-my parents-included It also included many other people And the saying was: “GOD-WILLING” WHEN the people started it It was to signify What they were going to do Would come to pass IF God were willing AGREEING to their dreams “IF the Lord wills it We shall live to do this or that” But now you are boasting In your arrogance ALL such boasting is evil” James 4:15-16 I really feel that that IS TRUE In my life I can do nothing-myself-alone GOD leads and guides me through others It will only COME to be If God wills it If GOD'S PLANS are my plans I truly HOPE that they are I truly hope that God's plans Are my plans I seldom hear people saying, “GOD WILLING,” today It is an expression of FAITH Acknowledging that we don't have Total control of our lives today NONE of us know what The future will hold for us Least alone me But MANY of us Think that we do Saint James-in his writing TEACHES us to be HUMBLE And not to boast It is arrogant thinking-or boasting- To say the least To think we can control Our futures The future is UP TO GOD BE HUMBLE-not arrogant Let the future be up to God GOD-WILLING “The fear of the Lord Is to hate evil I hate pride and arrogance- Evil behavior and perverse speech” Proverbs 8:13 “For I am afraid That when I come I may not find you As I want you to be And you may not find me As you want me to be I fear that there May be discord-jealousy- Fits of rage-selfish ambition- Slander-gossip-arrogance-and disorder” 2 Corinthians 12:20 Is it any wonder That people think We are at the end of time WHEN I WRITE=I always write With a green pen=it signifies GOD'S HOPE Or in other words-”God WILLING” I don't write for myself- For my plans and feelings may change But GOD'S WILL never does It is all good Let me end this by saying: I am PRAYING for you-and WISHING You all health-and happiness-and a long life With love and peace GOD-WILLING Robert P. Wallman 5-17-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Father James McKarns

No comments:

Post a Comment