Friday, May 6, 2016

SHELTER FROM THE STORM

SHELTER FROM THE STORM ONE of the things I know for sure IS- In life Is that We all go through The storms There are NO EXCEPTIONS I can tell you that FOR SURE And one of the things WE can do for others As they go through the storms Of life Is to OPEN our hearts Open our lives And open our HOMES for others Just as God always does Just as Jesus always does FOR US “If you Consider me a BELIEVER In the Lord Come and STAY At my home........” Acts 16:15 AS BELIEVERS-one of the things My family has always done Is open up their homes To FAMILY-friends-and neighbors My grandparents did this My parents did this And I have ALWAYS done this ( as well as my sisters) To quote from a Bob Dylan song: “Come in-she said- And I will give you- SHELTER from the storm” I take REFUGE in God I take refuge in the Lord “But let all those Who take refuge In you-BE GLAD Let them ever SING for joy SPREAD your protection Over them That those who love your name MAY REJOICE in you” Psalm 5:11 “Come in-he said-GOD SAID- I will give you 'SHELTER FROM THE STORM'” “The Lord is a refuge For the oppressed A stronghold In times of trouble” Psalm 9:9 “EVERY word of God Is flawless He is a SHIELD To those Who take REFUGE in him” Proverbs 3:5 There are few WORKS of MERCY In life-as challenging As OPENING your home To someone in NEED RECENTLY- I was on A five-week journey Up through the NORTH I THANK my family and friends For opening up their lives And their homes to me OPENING up our homes To someone in need is necessary NECESSARY for us To actually PROVE We are CREATURES OF GOD And necessary for those who stay For whatever reason- They are IN NEED “COME IN-GOD SAID- And receive 'SHELTER FROM THE STORM'” Robert P. Wallman 5-2-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Eve Tushnet

No comments:

Post a Comment