Tuesday, May 31, 2016

HOLD ON TIGHTLY TO GOD

HOLD ON TIGHTLY TO GOD In Psalm 91 The psalmist tells us To be CLINGY to God And he will DELIVER US “Because he clings to me- I will deliver him I will set him on high Because he acknowledges My name He shall call upon me And I will ANSWER him In distress I will deliver AND GLORIFY HIM” Psalm 91:14-15 BE clingy to our God He wants us to HOLD ON TIGHT Like a son or a daughter HOLDING on to their parent On the first day of school Or maybe like a firefighter RESCUING an individual Or someone saving you From another terrifying tragedy “I cling to you Your right hand UPHOLDS ME” Psalm 63:8 “LOVE must be sincere Hate what is evil CLING- To what is GOOD” Romans 12:9 Cling to what is GOOD Like God- HOLD ON with ALL of your might And God will DELIVER YOU “I SOUGHT the Lord And he answered me He delivered me From all my fears” Psalm 34:4 “IF we are thrown into The blazing furnace The God we SERVE Is able to deliver us From it And he will DELIVER us From your Majesty's hand” Daniel 3:17 “He has delivered us From such a deadly peril And he will DELIVER US AGAIN” 2 Corinthians 1:10 And he will CONTINUE To deliver us from ANY sorrow or trouble That we may face God tells us today That IF we cling to him He will SAVE US It can't get any simpler Than that “You are my hiding place You will PROTECT ME from trouble And SURROUND me With songs of deliverance” Psalm 32:7 HOLD ON TO GOD CLING to him There is NOTHING to fear “God is our REFUGE- And STRENGTH An ever-present HELP in trouble” Psalm 46:1 BE CLINGY-HOLD ON TO GOD with ALL of your might Robert P. Wallman 5-31-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Claire J. King

No comments:

Post a Comment