Monday, July 25, 2016

AN APOSTLE AFTER OUR OWN HEART

AN APOSTLE AFTER OUR OWN HEARTS (Saint James) Today we CELEBRATE The great Saint James He along with his brother-John- Were called the “Sons of Thunder” James-along with his brother-John Left both his father and his nets On the shores of the Sea of Galilee “We hold this treasure In earthen vessels That the surpassing power May BE of God And not from us” 2 Corinthians 4:7 Jesus CHOSE James- Just the same way he chooses us- His MODERN DAY disciples James was HUMAN He made mistakes Just the same way That you and I do He had a strong temper And little patience-just like His brother John-and just like MANY of us He was WITNESS to Jesus At the Transfiguration And he fell asleep Just like many of us Would have done In the garden of Gethsemane And it was James and John Who asked for FIRE from heaven To strike the inhospitable Samaritans (Luke 9:54) And it was their mother who REQUESTED SPECIAL TREATMENT for them-that- they be PLACED on either side of Jesus In his kingdom (Matthew 20:21) So innately human-just like us Yes-James was human Just like all of us AN APOSTLE- After our own hearts “You JUDGE by human standards I pass judgment On no one But if I do judge My decisions are true Because I am not alone I STAND with the FATHER Who sent me” John 8:15-16 “TAKE my yoke upon you And learn from me For I am gentle and humble In heart And you will FIND REST For your souls For my yoke is easy And my burden light” Matthew 11:29-30 Jesus CHOSE James Because of his heart- And for the SAME reason He chooses you and me James never wavered in his COMMITMENT To Jesus-and he never despaired He realized he was An EARTHLY vessel And remained FAITHFUL To God and Jesus He believed in Christ He LOVED Christ He pressed forward- And became a martyr After the RESURRECTION Some believe he was RESPONSIBLE For taking the Gospel to Spain-yet- It is without substantiation The great Saint James- Along with his brother John Were truly HUMAN Yet was committed and FAITHFUL To Christ I HOPE and PRAY That the same can be said Of you and me For James is truly AN APOSTLE after our own heart Robert P. Wallman 7-25-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAZAZINE by Sr. Bridget Haase, O.S.U.

No comments:

Post a Comment