Saturday, July 23, 2016

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE Have you heard the saying, “PATIENCE-is a virtue?” Not only is it a virtue- But it is ONE of the FRUITS of the Spirit “But the fruit of the SPIRIT Is love-joy-peace- Forbearance(PATIENCE)-kindness-goodness- Faithfulness-gentleness-and self-control” Galatians 5:22-23 NOT only does it allow us- To fight through our tough times In my case-my PATIENCE- (and my stubbornness if you will) ALLOWED me to get through The tough times To keep on going-and hopefully- HELP others along the way It helped me to mature- To grow-to harvest Into a full-blown honest-sincere Kind-forgiving-and loving CHRISTIAN (at least I hope so) “He replied, 'no-if you pull up The weeds-you might uproot The wheat along with them'” Matthew 13:29 PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE I thank God-that I didn't GIVE UP on myself-WHEN I became a person With a chronic illness- And an unbelievably distended stomach GOD was patient with me-giving me Chance after chance to mature into a LOVING and kind individual Therefore I always TRY TO have patience With others Because there has NEVER BEEN A more FLAWED individual than me- Physically-mentally-emotionally-and SPIRITUALLY HAVE PATIENCE with yourself Have patience with others You might be surprised What you can GROW into If you give yourself a chance You might be surprised What SOMEONE ELSE can turn out to be If you give them a chance People may surprise you PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE “A person's wisdom Yields patience It is to one's glory To OVERLOOK an offense” Proverbs 19:11 “Or do you show CONTEMPT For the riches of his kindness- Forbearance-and patience NOT realizing that GOD'S kindness Is intended To lead you to repentance?” Romans 2:4 I can NEVER thank God enough For the PATIENCE he has shown With me He has given me chance after chance After chance The HARDEST thing to do Is to be PATIENT With yourself BUT if you can The patience that you show yourself And others Can LEAD To and abundant HARVEST for God “Then he said to his disciples, 'The HARVEST is plentiful But the workers are few ASK the Lord of the harvest- Therefore To send out workers Into his harvest field” Matthew 9:37-38 Remain patient-PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE And you WILL create a harvest for GOD Robert P. Wallman July 22nd, 2016 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Terri Mifek

No comments:

Post a Comment