Sunday, July 10, 2016

DISCOVERING GOD'S WILL FOR US

DISCOVERING GOD'S WILL FOR US God has a PLAN For each and everyone Of our lives The problem with us humans Is that we DON'T want To accept it We have our OWN PLANS for our lives-and- We want to do things OUR OWN WAY “(The command I give you) is something Very near to you Already in your mouths And in your own HEARTS” Deuteronomy 30:14 So WHAT does God DESIRE For you and for me? The readings of today HELP US answer the question- ONE thing I know for sure Is that he wants us to do it- HIS WAY- With his qualities and characteristics He doesn't want us saying- Or BELIEVING-like the old Frank Sinatra song- “I DID IT MY WAY” “TEACH me your way-Lord- That I may RELY On your faithfulness Give me an UNDIVIDED HEART That I may fear your name” Psalm 86:11 “In all your ways SUBMIT to him And he will Make your paths straight” Proverbs 3:6 “No temptation Has overtaken you EXCEPT what is common To mankind And God is FAITHFUL He will NOT let you Be tempted-beyond- What you can bear- But WHEN you are tempted He will always PROVIDE a way out So that you CAN endure it” 1 Corinthians 10:13 God's WILL for us Is ALWAYS in our hearts And is always in The SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES Of our life Jesus is our example HE is the very (“IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD”) Colossians 1:15 And we ONLY have to look At his every day teachings To discern his will for us DO IT GOD'S WAY And you will be SUCCESSFUL With your life TRY to do it your own way And you will not make it As I have found out-the HARD way- Over and over again FOLLOW the path GOD puts you on-and- And you will be on the RIGHT way For your life “You make known to me The PATH OF LIFE You will fill me With joy in your PRESENCE With eternal pleasure At your right hand” Psalm 16:11 In today's reading We read about the GOOD SAMARITAN And his COMPASSION for a stranger Life is about putting God And others ABOVE OURSELVES It is about HELPING OTHERS in need It is about having COMPASSION For every human being In this world=and LOVE That is what GOD'S WILL IS For you-for me- And everyone of us Dear Lord and GLORIOUS GOD PLEASE FILL our hearts with compassion FOR ALL In Jesus' name, Robert P. Wallman 7-09-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment