Wednesday, July 27, 2016

SAFE IN THE ARMS OF GOD

SAFE IN THE ARMS OF GOD WHERE is your safe place? Where is your stronghold? EVERY MORNING I wake up Not knowing where the day May take me Sometimes a little fear Sometimes a little trepidation But I needn't worry Because I am SAFE in the ARMS OF GOD And the first thing I do every day Is open my BIBLE Say my daily prayers And do my ROSARY For I am in my SAFE PLACE I am being held up By the arms of GOD “YOU have been my stronghold My refuge in the day of distress” Psalm 59:17 WHEN I think of a stronghold I think of a modern day army fort But when I think of MY STRONGHOLD- When I think of you and me- Our being SAFE I think of God- With his arms outstretched ENCIRCLING you and me And protecting us We are ALL SAFE in the arms of GOD “For in the day of trouble He will KEEP me safe In his dwelling He will hide me In the shelter Of his sacred tent And set me HIGH upon a rock” Psalm 29:5 “The name of the Lord Is a fortified tower The righteous run to it AND ARE SAFE” Proverbs 18:10 “WE know that anyone BORN OF GOD Does not continue To sin The ONE who was born Of God KEEPS them safe And the evil one Cannot harm them” 1 John 5:18 We are SAFE in The ARMS of God Every day We should take TIME alone With God in prayer We should do this During ordinary times- We should make it a habit For when the difficult times come When the problems come We will KNOW Right where to go And we will know The evil one cannot touch us The world can be an UNCERTAIN And dangerous place But GOD is OUR REFUGE At all times Particularly in times of trouble “I will say of the Lord, 'HE is my refuge And my FORTRESS My God-in whom I TRUST'” Psalm 91:2 Our God-OUR Lord Jesus- IS our safety net With prayer-with God We are: SAFE IN THE ARMS OF GOD- And of LOVE Robert P. Wallman 7-26-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Kristin Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment