Monday, July 4, 2016

THE COST OF FREEDOM

THE COST OF FREEDOM The great singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson Wrote the song “ME AND BOBBY McGEE” Along with Fred Foster In that song They wrote the line: “FREEDOM'S JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE........” To put it another way- WHEN we've lost everything- Physically-spiritually-and emotionally- We have EVERYTHING to gain And so on this INDEPENDENCE DAY This 4th of July I am looking at ALL I have gained from The SACRIFICES of my GOD- My Lord and savior Jesus Christ The great sacrifices of the military Men and women Who have SACRIFICED ALL for me So I can live freely In the greatest country That ever existed And my family and friends And churches That have GIVEN me a chance At life THANK YOU LORD Thank you military Thank you MY family and friends For ALLOWING me to be Physically-emotionally-and SPIRITUALLY well “I walk about in FREEDOM For I have sought out Your precepts” Psalm 119:45 “To the Jews Who had believed in him, Jesus said, 'IF you hold To my teaching You are really My disciples THEN you will know The truth-and The truth WILL set you FREE'” John 8:31-32 “........And from Jesus Christ Who is the faithful WITNESS The firstborn of the dead And the ruler of the kings On the earth To him who LOVES US And has FREED US From our sins By his blood ….....” Revelation 1:5 And so I THANK my God My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ For SPIRITUAL FREEDOM The soldiers For my physical freedom- And my family-friends- And churches For MAKING sacrifices for me So THANK YOU ALL For paying the price Paying for THE COST OF FREEDOM It is high time We all RECOGNIZE There is a COST That there is a PRICE For freedom “The beginning of wisdom Is this: GET WISDOM Though it COST all you have Get understanding” Proverbs 4:7 So I thank you- For allowing me to BE FREE Because you have LOST all Because you gave and give all I HAVE GAINED ALL I LOVE YOU! Happy Independence Day- And 4th of July Robert P. Wallman 7-3-16

No comments:

Post a Comment