Wednesday, September 2, 2020

GOD CHOOSES PETER=GOD CHOOSES US

 







GOD CHOOSES PETER=GOD CHOOSES US


Today we have

A TALE

Of the fisher man


A tale of

Fisherman Peter=

And how Jesus

CHOSE PETER

To be the HEAD

Of his CHURCH


“When Simon Peter saw this=

He fell at the KNEES

Of Jesus=and said

'Depart from me

For I am a sinful man'” Luke 5:8


God CHOSE Peter=

Jesus chose Peter=we are

ALL CHOSEN

To build up THE CHURCH

GOD CHOOSES US!


Fishing has always been

A DISASTER for me=

I am NOT much

Of a fisher man


But I don't mind

FISHING for people

Fishing for people

Fishing for GOD


Like Simon Peter=I would not

Have wanted to go out again

For another difficult day

ON THE SEA

With nothing-

To show for it


But GOD CHOSE Peter

To BUILD his Church up=

And God CHOOSES US

To build up his CHURCH TOO


“And I tell you

That you are Peter=


And on this ROCK=

I will BUILD my Church=

And the gates of Hades

Will not overcome it” Matthew 16:18


“Be shepherds

Of the Church of God

Which he bought

With his own blood” Acts 10:28


It seems CLEAR

As to WHY

Jesus chose Peter=

He knew

He would

NOT GIVE UP=

We are all

A lot LIKE PETER


That is why

Jesus CHOOSES US=

He knows we will

NOT GIVE UP


That we will KEEP

On fishing=despite all that is

Going on

In the world today


God chooses us

To build up THE CHURCH=

The Kingdom of God


“Now I commit you

To God


And to the word

Of his grace-

Which can BUILD YOU UP

An inheritance


Among all those

Who are sanctified” Acts 20:32


“By the grace

God has given me


I laid a foundation

As a wise builder

And someone else

Is BUILDING ON IT” 1 Corinthians 3:10


Yes Peter and Paul

BUILT THE CHURCH


But it is up to us

To continue to BUILD IT


God loves us=and wants us

BY HIS SIDE

God chose Peter and Paul

And he CHOOSES US TOO

To be his FISHER MEN=

To build up the world


In the names of Jesus=and his EVER BUILDING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman

9-02-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Paul Pennick




No comments:

Post a Comment