Sunday, April 9, 2023

EASTER MEMORIES=HAPPY EASTER!

 










EASTER MEMORIES-HAPPY EASTER!



Some of my earliest EASTER memories-

Are from our house

At 3400 Massachusetts Avenue


My mom and dad

Telling me

That the Easter bunny was there

And hiding the baskets

And my two sisters and I

Searching all over the house

To find them


I'm not sure exactly why

But I think

I was

Usually the last

To find mine


And later

In the day

My mom's two brothers-John and Rege

And Aunt Stella's family

ALL coming for Easter dinner


And later on 

As the kids got older

All the families

Going to Aunt Stella's

For Easter dinner


Ham-scalloped potatoes-

Dying Easter eggs-chocolate-jelly beans


Lying in my room

Listening to “Jesus Christ Super Star”

Going to Easter Service

On Good Friday-Holy Saturday

And Easter Sunday!


But mostly

What Easter means to me

IS LOVE

FAMILY LOVE

And God's OWN LOVE


My family's love

And God's love

Have NEVER FAILED ME


“The Lord loves righteousness

And justice


The earth is full

Of his UNFAILING LOVE”                                                     Psalm 33:5


“What a man desires

IS UNFAILING LOVE”                                                       Proverbs 19:22


God's WORD is alive

Jesus is ALIVE!


LIFE over death

He conquered the grave


I remember once

When we were in church

For Easter in Maryland

At my sister Mary's


The church was totally quiet

Before Mass 

And I believe my dad

Was carrying Carley  (when she was a young baby) 

And she yelled out:

“Jesus is Alive!-Jesus is ALIVE!”

Into a dead silent church


And that's where

I wish I could be

This Easter

YELLING OUT

To this silent world on God


“GOD is alive

Jesus is alive

God is NOT dead”


BELIEVE it

Live it

LOVE God

And love one another


GOD'S LOVE NEVER FAILS


And I remember-fondly

The family arguments

On Easter Sunday


About Dan Marino

“He's a junior”-”No he is a senior”

“I think he is a freshman”


About whether or not Racquel Welech

Was 5' 0' tall or not


But mostly I remember-THE LOVE

THE FAMILY LOVE

The love of friends and churches


And most of all-I remember 

That Easter is a holiday

That celebrates

The return of Jesus Christ

To LIFE after death


A CELEBRATION of GOD'S LOVE

God's love-WHICH NEVER FAILS


“Love is patient-love is kind

….....

LOVE NEVER FAILS”                                                        1 Corinthians 13:4-8


HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE-I love you 


Robert P. Wallman      

4-7-14 and 4-09-2023


Ps         and HAPPY PASSOVER to all my Jewish friends

            WISHING you ALL a lifetime of HAPPY FAMILY MEMORIES-and GOD'S LOVE

             on Easter                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment