Friday, November 6, 2015

AGAINST ALL ODDS=LOVE ALWAYS WINS

AGAINST ALL ODDS=LOVE ALWAYS WINS A number of years back There was a movie called- “AGAINST ALL ODDS” “AGAINST ALL ODDS” was a 1984 movie- With a stellar cast: Of Rachel Ward-Jeff Bridges-& James Woods- Also throw in real-life football star Alex Karras-Swoosie Kurtz- And the late great-Richard Widmark Among others It is about a gangster-who hires- An ex-football player- To find his girlfriend WHEN he finds her- They fall in love- And the twists begin to happen Of course-we KNOW- True love- Always wins in the end And REAL LOVE-true love In this world Has nothing to do with sex The story of our SAVIOR- Jesus Christ TEACHES us everything We need to know About that HIS life story- TRIUMPHED over any and every evil In the world Including death His life IS the greatest story EVER TOLD Against all odds TRUE LOVE always wins Against all odds TRUE GOODNESS always wins too “I myself am convinced About you- My brothers and sisters That you yourselves Are FULL of goodness........” Romans 15:14 One thing that I have LEARNED in life Is that You can't fix another person And IF you really LOVE another person ALL we can really do Is accept them And love them NO MATTER WHAT AS CHRISTIANS Is that not What we are called upon To do “I will declare That your love STANDS FIRM FOREVER That you have established Your faithfulness In heaven itself” Psalm 89:2 “A NEW command I give you: LOVE ONE ANOTHER As I have loved you So you MUST love one another By this EVERYONE will know That you are my disciples IF you love one another” John 13:34 Against all odds LOVE ALWAYS WINS If love is PURE That is Like Jesus' love FOR ALL of mankind IT LIVES ON It lives on In me and you And we know we are loved For if we just BELIEVE We will LIVE FOREVER with him In heaven So be on the SIDE OF LOVE Be on the side of GOODNESS And you and I Will hear At the end of our faithful lives: “WELL DONE-good and faithful servant!” Matthew 25:21 BE on the side of love and goodness For against all odds LOVE ALWAYS WINS Robert P. Wallman 11-5-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment