Monday, November 2, 2015

ALL SOULS DAY

ALL SOULS DAY TODAY we celebrate The feast of ALL SOULS DAY And while traditionally All SOULS Day Is for those who Have departed from this world I also want to RECOGNIZE Those souls who have lost their way -And lost God On their journey through life In many ways They have faced/and are facing A fate even worse than death But for those we have lost= Parents=spouse=siblings=grandparents= Uncles=aunts=cousins= and friends Let us recite PART of the 23rd psalm “Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil For you Are at my side..... ONLY goodness and kindness Follow me ALL the days Of my life And I shall dwell In the house Of the Lord forever” Psalm 23:4, 6 Dear Lord WE PRAY That you were there As OUR LOVES ONES came home (And as we come home too) And we pray That the LOST SOULS In this life May be REUNITED with you So you can SHEPHERD them home “RETURN to us-GOD ALMIGHTY! Look down from heaven And see! Watch over this vine” Psalm 80:14 “'RETURN to me' Declares the Lord And I will RETURN to you'” Zechariah 1:3 And the great Saint Luke In chapter 15 of his gospel Tells the lengths That God will go to To return-a lost soul-to his kingdom Through the parable of: One lost sheep One lost coin-and ONE LOST SON-whose loving Father Is just waiting for his return “'My son,' the father said- 'You are always with me And everything I have is yours But we had to celebrate And be glad Because this brother of yours Was dead-and is ALIVE again He was lost And IS FOUND'” Luke 15:31-32 He-GOD Offers us all THE GIFT of eternal life If we Just return to him And dear Lord As we REMEMBER Our dearly departed ones today And ALL the faithful departed We pray That they rest comfortably IN YOUR LOVING ARMS And that your goodness and LOVE SHEPHERD them Through all of time and eternity In Jesus' name-AMEN! Robert P. Wallman 11-2-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Patricia Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment