Monday, November 30, 2015

PREPARING THE WAY

PREPARING THE WAY The word ADVENT Means “coming” It is a time Of expectant waiting and celebration For the coming of Jesus At Christmas 2,000 years ago The preparation for the coming of Jesus Was done by his family member His cousin-John the Baptist John baptized Jesus In the Jordan river They both saw: “A spirit descending on him Like a dove”-and heard a voice Coming from heaven saying: “You are my son Whom I love With you I am well pleased” Mark 1:10-11 Now over 2,000 years later As Jesus is coming again It is up to Each and everyone of us To prepare room in our hearts For him Prepare room in our hearts For his love Prepare room in our hearts For his forgiveness of us And prepare room in our hearts For his kindness to touch us And at this special time of year Take those same qualities LOVE-FORGIVENESS-and KINDNESS And pass them on to others “PREPARE to meet your God-Oh Israel” Amos 4:12 Prepare in us A CLEAN heart oh God And put a NEW AND RIGHT spirit within us Prepare a heart in us A heart FULL OF LOVE As we await our Lord and Savior “No eye has seen Nor ear has heard No mind has conceived What God has PREPARED For those who love him” 1 Corinthians 2:9 Prepare in us A heart FULL OF FORGIVENESS As we await your forgiveness for us As YOU enter into this world AGAIN THIS YEAR “You prepare a table before me In the presence of my enemies You anoint my head with oil My cup overflows SURELY GOODNESS AND LOVE Will FOLLOW me ALL the days of my life And I will dwell In the HOUSE OF THE LORD FOREVER” Psalm 23:5-6 Dear Lord Please be with us As we humbly await your coming Again this year We prepare our hearts for you WITH LOVE We prepare our hearts for you WITH FORGIVENESS We prepare our hearts for your birth WITH EAGER ANTICIPATION In JESUS’ name-we pray-amen Robert P. Wallman 11-19-12 12-7-14 & 11-29-15

No comments:

Post a Comment