Sunday, November 22, 2015

KNOWING OUR PURPOSE

KNOWING OUR PURPOSE Jesus knew EXACTLY who he was (The SON of God) And he knew Exactly what his PURPOSE Was to be (To SAVE us from our sins And bring SALVATION to ALL) “Jesus answered, 'You say I am a king For this I was born And for this I came into the world To TESTIFY to the truth Everyone who belongs To the truth LISTENS to my voice'” John 18:37 How about you Do you know WHY you were born Why you were brought Into the world From my Catholic grade school days I know the answer And I have NEVER forgotten it The answer is the SAME For everyone of us “To know-love-and SERVE God” It is just how we Go about it-that is different “MANY are the plans In a person's heart But it is the Lord's PURPOSE That prevails” Proverbs 19:21 “And we KNOW That in all things God works for the good Of those who love him Who have been called ACCORDING to his purpose” Romans 8:28 There are MANY constant truths About God One is That GOD IS LOVE And if God is love The MORE we love The more we live In the image of God And his PERFECT EXAMPLE- That Is Jesus Christ This is Jesus' will For us That we ACCEPT the truth And if we do We will not only experience MEANING AND JOY In our own lives But we will HELP others Experience it too This is GOD'S WILL For our lives To live With God's meaning And joy in our lives “I desire To DO your will My God- Your law Is within my HEART” Psalm 40:8 YES!=the law of LOVE The LAW OF GOD LIVES- Inside ALL of our hearts “For I have come down from heaven NOT to do my will But to do the will Of him who sent me” John 6:38 Dear Lord= HELP US to always Know your will OUR PURPOSE= In this crazy mixed-up world And to DO IT You were THE WONDERFUL PROOF Of our Father's love For us And OUR INSPIRATION We pray=that we KNOW OUR PURPOSE “To know-love-and serve God-and others” And to ACCEPT and LIVE CHRIST'S LOVE Robert P. Wallman 11-21-15 Ps IN SPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Kenneth Grabner, C.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment