Tuesday, May 15, 2018

AN EMPTY SPACE=THE LONGING FOR GOD




















AN EMPTY SPACE=
LONGING FOR GOD


We all know that
EMPTY APACE=that empty FEELING
When we LOSE someone
We KNOW=
We are NEVER
GOING to see again


We LONG for them=as we
LONG FOR GOD
Each and every day
Of our lives


Today=in Saint Luke's PASSAGE=
We get a MOVING ACCOIUNT
Of intimacy and FAREWELL


Paul's fellow CHRISTIANS
Are distressed as they TAKE HIM
To his ship


He has just told them
That they will NEVER
See him again


“They were all
Weeping loudly


As they threw their arms
Around Paul
And kissed him” Acts 20:37


I am SURE they felt
That EMPTY SPACE
In the coming days and weeks
For Saint Paul


As I CONTINUE to feel
That empty space=for my
Mother and FATHER=it
Aches terribly


The ONLY thing
That gets us THROUGH it is
That LONGING FOR GOD=
Who never ever=abandons us


“My soul is CONSUMED
With LONGING for your laws
At all times” Psalm 119:20


“A LONGING fulfilled
Is SWEET
To the soul


But fools detest
Turning from evil” Proverbs 13:19


“He told us
About your LONGING for me


Your deep sorrow
Your ardent CONCERN for me


So that my JOY
Was greater than ever” 2 Corinthians 7:7


We see that
Same EMPTY SPACE
Between the Ascension
And Pentecost


At the ASCENSION
Jesus' disciples
See him DEPART from them
Once again


They feel that
SAME EMPTINESS
That we sometimes feel
In our RELATIONSHIP
With Jesus


“So is my WORD
That goes
From my mouth
It will not return
To me EMPTY


But will ACCOMPLISH
What I desire
And ACHIEVE the purpose
For which I sent it” Isaiah 55:11


SOON that empty space
Will be FILLED


At PENTECOST=we will acquiesce=to
Our LONGING FOR GOD


And the DWELLING PLACE of the
HOLY SPIRIT=will be living FOREVER=
INSIDE OF US


In the names of Jesus and his MOST LOVING Father


Robert P. Wallman
5-15-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mary Marrocco











No comments:

Post a Comment