Saturday, May 12, 2018

MY MOST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE




















MY MOST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE


Some of you
MAY think
That I am CRAZY


But my MOST EXCITING PLACE
To be=In the WHOLE WORLD
Is in CHURCH


There doesn't even
HAVE to be=anything going on=
No MASS=no service


Just the LORD and me
And the place
And the PRESENCE of God
That COMES with it


“They.........PREACHED everywhere=
While the Lord
WORKED with them........” Mark 16:20


Some people SAY
They don't need
To go to church


They say
“I FIND God in nature”
Or
“I PRAY on my own”


That may be FINE for you
But NOT for me=I NEED
To feel the
The presence of GOD
And to FEEL
The PRESENCE of Jesus


Jesus PROMISED to be
With us=where two or THREE
Are GATHERED in his name


“For WHERE two or three
GATHER in my name
There I AM with them” Matthew 18:20


And he PROMISED US
To leave with us
The GIFT of the HOLY SPIRIT
To GUIDE us


I really STRONGLY FEEL
The presence
Of the Holy Spirit
Even more so when
I am IN CHURCH


And ALL the FRUITS of the SPIRIT=
“But the FRUIT of the Spirit=
Is love=joy=peace=forbearance=
KINDNESS=goodness=faithfulness=
Gentleness and self-control” Galatians 5:22-23


So WHY do we go to
CHURCH? We go there
For COMMUNITY


To be there
To SUPPORT one another
In the LOVE of Jesus Christ


The COMMUNITY CONTINUES
The work of God and the work
Of Jesus Christ


The Church is NOT a building
But a=THE DYNAMIC PRESENCE
Of Jesus
AMONG his followers


“..........a false witness
Who pours out lies
And a person


Stirs up conflict
In the COMMUNITY” Proverbs 6:19
(ONE of the SIX things the LORD HATES)


But the FOLLOWERS of Jesus
The COMMUNITY of the CHURCH
Is there
To build up UNITY=and to
FURTHER CHRIST'S and GOD'S work
In this world


YES=my FAVORITE PLACES
To be in this world
Is the CHURCH=
And in my HOME


For in BOTH places
I FEEL the LOVE of the LORD


In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman
5-9-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Msgr. Stephen J. Rossetti







No comments:

Post a Comment