Sunday, May 20, 2018

HE WAS HUMAN TOO!




















HE WAS HUMAN TOO!


Sometimes I FORGET that
Jesus was HUMAN Too=in addition
To being DIVINE


He had a LOT of
The same FEELINGS
That we have


He felt sorrow=anger=CHANGED
His mind=and was even SURPRISED
On occasion


The gospel today BEGINS
After the TRANSFIGURATION=
WHERE the divine nature
Of Jesus is REVEALED


Yet Jesus is faced
With such HUMAN concerns as bickering=
And a father APPEALING
To Jesus
On BEHALF of his ailing son


Jesus PERFORMS a MIRACLE
On the boy


His disciples ask=
“'WHY could we not
DRIVE the spirit out?'
Jesus said to them=


'This KIND can ONLY come out
Through PRAYER'” Mark 9:29


What more EVIDENCE do we
NEED of Jesus' humanity?
He PRAYED every day
To his Father


Something that we can ALL do
Something we SHOULD all do=
IS PRAY


PRAY like our teacher=Jesus=
Pray=for he is our LEADER


“Answer me=
When I call you
My RIGHTEOUS God


Give me relief
From my distress
Have MERCY on me
And hear my PRAYER” Psalm 4:1


“Therefore I tell you-
WHATEVER you ask for=
In PRAYER


Believe that you have
RECEIVED it=
And it will be YOURS” Mark 11:24


Jesus is ANNOYED at his
Disciples=he is FRUSTRATED
With them


Where is there faith?
WHERE is ours?


Jesus is ASKING US=in our PURE
Human nature=
To REACH out to the DIVINE
Through PRAYER


Never forget=that Jesus
EXPERIENCED everything in life
That you and I do


“..............so that your FAITH
Might not rest
On HUMAN wisdom


But on GOD'S POWER” 1 Corinthians 2:5


Dear Lord=HELP us to realize
That we are human too=but you
HAD PRAYERS for=and FAITH
In the Father


Help us to REMEMBER
Our HUMANITY=and do the SAME
As you=THROUGH FAITH and PRAYER=
REACH OUT to the Father


In the names of Jesus and HIS
Most HEAVENLY DIVINE FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
5-20-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Terence Hegarty

No comments:

Post a Comment