Friday, February 15, 2019

BE POSITIVE AND PERSISTENT IN PRAYER














BEING POSITIVE AND PERSISTENT IN PRAYER


We all want things-
We all NEED things-
IN PRAYER


I encourage you to
Be POSITIVE=to be
PERSISTENT in your prayers


For today we read about
SOMEONE who wanted something
So DESPERATELY


That she was WILLING
To bend down to the
Feet of Jesus=and BEG


Her daughter was SO ILL
That she felt she had
NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE and she
Was just FRANTIC ENOUGH
To do it


“She came and fell
At his feet” Mark 7:25


She put up with Jesus
COMPARING her to a dog
BEGGING for a bone


But this Syrophoenician mother
NEVER doubted Jesus=
Had the power of HEALING


She was persistent
She was POSITIVE IN PRAYER


And she kept
BENDING lower and lower=
THAT HELPLESS FEELING!


“To those
Who by PERSISTENCE
In doing good


Seek glory-honor-
And immortality
He will give eternal life” Romans 2:3


I hate feeling helpless
I hate begging=but I
WILLBEG to God=for
My life=for my family=
And-in fact-
I have done so


Be CONFIDENT in Jesus=
Be confident in Jesus' power
To HEAL=he gave me life
When there was NO HOPE for me


“Though an army
Besiege me-
My heart
Will not fear


Though war
Break out against me
Even then
I will be CONFIDENT” Psalm 27:3


“I am CONFIDENT
In the Lord
That you will
Take no other view


The one
Who is throwing you
Into confusion


WHOEVER that may be
Will have to pay
The penalty” Galatians 5:10


But this PERSISTENT MOTHER
Was having none of it
She was CONFIDENT


She BELIEVED in the HEALING
POWER of Jesus
For her daughter


And that is what=IF TAKEN-
BEING POSITIVE and PERSISTENT in prayer
Bending low=sometimes
Even begging=can get OUR LORD'S ATTENTION


Having FAITH=having humility=
Believing in the POWER
OF GOD


“I tell you-
I have not found
Such GREAT FAITH
In ISRAEL” Luke 7:9


This GOSPEL PASSAGE
Indicates the power
Of DEDICATED PRAYER


Keep at it
Don't give up
Be POSITIVE AND PERSISTENT
Like this loving mother


God's HEALING will arrive
But sometimes in a DIFFERENT AWAY
Than what we intended


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of OUR MIRACLE-MAKING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
2-14-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment