Thursday, February 21, 2019

STEADY=BUT CHANGING WITH THE TIMES














STEADY=BUT CHANGING WITH THE TIMES


I don't really like
CHANGE=Do you?


I am more COMFORTABLE
With my routine=with a
Minimum of surprise and CHANGE


Routine is NECESSARY for
A SMOOTH and orderly life


The CHURCH is mostly rock
STEADY=that is WHY it
Stands out when we go
Through the TROUBLED TIMES


“And I say to you-
You are PETER-
And upon this ROCK


I will BUILD my CHURCH
And the gates
Of the netherworld
Shall NOT prevail against it” Matthew 16:18


I look to the Church
For guidance=
I look to the SCRIPTURE
Readings=for every day consistency


Church=Scriptural readings=and
Jesus' two commandments
Are the MAINSTAYS
Of my life=
BE STEADFAST in the Lord


“My heart=O God=is STEADFAST-
My heart is STEADFAST
I will sing
And make music” Psalm 57:7


“Give careful thought
To the paths
For your feet


And be STEADFAST
In all your ways” Proverbs 4:26


“And the God
Of all grace
Who called you
To his eternal glory
In CHRIST=


After you
Have suffered a little while
Will himself restore you


And make you strong-
Firm and STEADFAST” 1 Peter 5:10


The Church is
Constantly steady=
And contrary to PUBLIC OPINION=
Does change


The Church=Catholicism=and other denominations
Has CHANGED so much
Since I was a little BOY


With WOMEN
Definitely playing a
MORE prominent ROLE


And the REASON
The CHURCH does change-
IS because it is made up
Of people=People like YOU
And me


Who try to FOLLOW
The SPIRIT=and where
God LEADS them


The SHIFTING of time-
History-and CULTURE=
Demands that we must CHANGE
And I am SURE
The CHURCH will CONTINUE
To change=as time unfolds


“How can I give
You up=Ephraim?
How can I
Hand you over=Israel?


How can I treat you
Like Admah?
How can I make you
Like Zeboyim?


My heart is CHANGED
Within me=
All my compassion
Is AROUSED” Hosea 11:8


Change comes as TIME=
Moves on=Because of we the people=
BEING the men and women
Of the 21st century


It is GOD'S WAY OF GROWTH-
And it is ours


I look FORWARD to the
NEW CHANGES=that will come


While we REMAIN ROCK SOLID
In the ways of GOD AND LOVE=
Who is ALWAYS constant and steady


In Jesus name=and in the name=of our STEADY GOD=whose name is LOVE


Robert P. Wallman
2-21-2019




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. James Stephen Behrens, O.S.C.O.



No comments:

Post a Comment