Saturday, February 23, 2019

WHO IS THIS MAN TO YOU?




















WHO IS THIS MAN TO YOU?


WHO is Jesus to you?


HE is our Lord-he is
Our friend-he was FULL of power-
And PERFORMED miracle after miracle
He even conquered death


Yet he CAME as a poor man
To a NORMAL family of his time---
And he died a criminal's death
Hanging on a CROSS


Who is this MAN of power?
This man of might? This HUMBLE-
Kind-loving man?


This man of mystery


“They were FILLED
With great awe-
And said to one another


'Who then is this-
Whom even wind and sea obey?'” Mark 4:41


He is no man-he is EVERY man-
He is a God-and a man of mystery
Who not even the smartest-
Of ALL of us-can understand


“No-we DECLARE God's wisdom
A MYSTERY-that has been hidden


And that God DESTINED
For our glory
Before time began


NONE of the rulers of the age
Understood it
For IF they had


They would NOT have crucified
The Lord of glory” 1 Corinthians 2:7-8


I think this is an
Individual question
I think it is SOMETHING
We have to ANSWER
For ourselves


For me-he is NOT
Just a man-he is a GOD
He is the SON OF GOD


He has ALL POWER and does CONTROL
The winds and the seas


But he is a man too
He UNDERSTANDS us all too well
He WALKED the walk
That we all walk


He is a human
And OUR FRIEND too


“I no longer
Call you servants


Because a servant
Does not know
His master's business


Instead-I have
Called you FRIENDS


For everything
That I have learned
From my Father


I have made KNOWN to you” John 15:15


And this God of POWER
The MASTER of all
Does treat us like a friend


He walked our same walk
He TALKED our same talk


And he was rejected
By mankind-a REJECTION-
That we ALL go through in life
At one time or another


WHO is this friend-
This MAN OF LOVE-compassion-
MERCY-power-and kindness to you?


For me-HE IS the alpha-the omega-
The BEGINNING and the end-
The man who HAS IT ALL


Yet he IS MY FRIEND=of whom=
I SHARE everything in my life with


WHO IS
THIS MAN TO YOU?


Robert P. Wallman
1-27-17


Ps 2-23-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment