Saturday, February 16, 2019

THAT DEEP CONNECTION TO GOD




















THAT DEEP CONNECTION TO GOD




I don't know
About you
But I FEEL a DEEP connection
To God


Like Jesus is ALIVE
And right in the ROOM with me
Besides that-I know-
He is alive in each
And EVERY ONE of our hearts


“I saw the SPIRIT come down
Like a dove form heaven
And REMAIN upon him” John 1 :32


CAN you IMAGINE
If you were alive
At this particular time
In history?


SEEING the actual dove
Come down on Jesus


Or John or Jesus-himself-
BAPTIZING you/me
In the Atlantic ocean


Sometimes I can see it
So vividly
I actually BELIEVE
It happened


That IS the way it is
WHEN you have a deep CONNECTION
To God


NOTHING can separate you
From God or Jesus Christ


“For I am CONVINCED
That NEITHER death nor life
Neither angels nor demons


Neither the present
Nor the future
Nor any powers


Neither height nor depth
Nor anything else
In all creation


Will be able to separate us
FROM THE LOVE of God
That is in-Christ Jesus
OUR LORD” Romans 8:38-39


Just imagine YOURSELF
WALKING through the hills-
The mountain sides-and the dusty
Trails and roads with Jesus


WATCHING HIM heal the sick
Heal the blind and the deaf
And even RAISE Lazarus
From the dead


It is NOT that hard to imagine
RIGHT THERE-being ONE of his disciples
When you have
That DEEP connection to God
And Jesus


WE are PART of him
We BELONG to him
He belongs IN US-
LIVING in our hearts
As we WALK-talk-and LIVE
This JOURNEY called life


“For DOMINION
Belongs to the Lord
And he rules
Over the nations” Psalm 22:28


“Whoever BELONGS to God
HEARS what God says


The reason you do not hear
Is that you do not
Belong to God” John 8:47


But I am SURE you hear him
I am sure you FEEL
THAT DEEP CONNECTION


Just as I DO-just as-
Peter & Andrew did-John & James-
And ALL the other apostles


I WALKED the trails
I SAW the cruel death
I feel and SEE Jesus
AFTER THE RESURRECTION


I sink into PRAYER
And I rest in his PRESENCE


I feel that DEEP CONNECTION
To God and Jesus


I BELONG to him
SO DO WE ALL


Robert P. Wallman
1-15-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Aileen O'Donoghue




2-16-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment