Saturday, February 9, 2019

JOURNAL/STRENGTH


















JOURNAL/STRENGTH




“I can do ALL things in him who STRENGTHENS me” Philippians 4:13


SOMETIMES in my life-I have been in such dire situations that I don't know how I went on-HOW I made it through-it is ONLY though the GRACE of God that I am alive-and my FAITH in God-that I get up every day and KEEP ON TRYING


It is OBVIOUS to me that I am being CARRIED by God-I came to the very end of myself and what I had to give MANY many years ago-I am running on LOVE for God and LOVE for others-as PEOPLE OF FAITH-we know that great strength often comes in our weakest moments


I kind of feel like Saint Paul—“For through the law I died to the law so that I might-LIVE FOR GOD-I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live-but CHRIST LIVES IN ME” Galatians 2:20


WHEN we feel weak-it's a sign to PRAY and BELIEVE STRENGTH is coming-WHEN we have God-we feel EMPOWERED so that we can FACE whatever lies before us






















STRENGTH




We have all
Heard the saying


“What doesn’t kill me
Makes me stronger”


The LORD is my strength


“The Lord is my strength
And my song
Has become my salvation


He is my God
And I will raise him
My father’s God
And I will exalt him” Exodus 15:2


Where does
Your weakness lie


My particular weakness
Is health
My weakness
Is also finances


It is also the fact
That I don’t have
A significant other
Or a family of my own


I have to tell you
That if I had seen
A movie of my life
And what it was to become


I would have run
Not walked
And leapt
Off the nearest bridge


THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH


Our God is a merciful God
In that
He lets our life
Unfold only
One day at a time


So I latched
On to God
I latched on to Christ
And have been
Riding their coattails ever since


I am TOTALLY dependent on God
And on others


“Come to me
All you are weary
And burdened
And I will
Give you rest


Take my yoke upon you
And learn from me
For I am gentle
And humble in heart


And you will find rest
For your souls


For my yoke is easy
And my burden is light” Matthew 11:28-30


Where does
Your weakness lie


Latch on to God
Latch on to Christ
And you will
Replace your weakness with strength


THE LORD GOD
IS MY STRENGTH


“But those
Who HOPE in the Lord
Will RENEW their strength


They will SOAR
On wings like eagles
They will run
And not grow weary
They will walk
And not be faint” Isaiah 40:31


Don’t be afraid
To show your weakness
For we are human
We weren’t meant
To never fail


It is
Only through RELYING ON GOD
That we can
Learn to fly


“For the foolishness
Of God
Is wiser than man’s wisdom
And the weakness of God
IS STRONGER
Than man’s strength” 1 Corinthians 1:24


Robert P. Wallman
10-15-12




10-12-14 and 2-9-2019



No comments:

Post a Comment