Sunday, February 21, 2021

A PART OF THE ROCK

 







A PART OF THE ROCK


We know that the CHURCH

Is housed in buildings=

But we also know

That is NOT=what the Church is


The Church is the

QUALITIES Christ brought

To this world=who passed it on

To his apostles=

And who have


PASSED it all down

Through all the years


LOVE=kindness=forgiveness=compassion=

And so on=and so forth

You cannot really see it-

Or TOUCH the Church

It is INTANGIBLE


“And so I say to you=

You are Peter=

And upon this ROCK

I will build my Church” Matthew 16:18


And each and EVERY ONE

Of us modern day apostles

Of Christ=in this world


Are part of the CHURCH

Are part of the ROCK=

If we try

And BUILD a community

Of love

BASED on Christ's teachings


PART OF THE ROCK


“The Lord is my ROCK

My fortress=and my deliverer


My God is MY ROCK

In whom I take refuge

My shield


And the horn of

My salvation=my stronghold” Psalm 18:2


“Therefore=everyone who hears

These words of mine


And puts them into practice=

Is like a wise man

Who built his house

ON THE ROCK” Matthew 7:24


“They all ate

The same spiritual food=

And drank

The same spiritual drink


For they drank

From the SPIRITUAL ROCK

That accompanied them=

And that ROCK=was Christ” 1 Corinthians 10:4


Yes=Christ was/is

THE ROCK of the Church=

And all of us BELIEVERS

Are part=PART OF THE ROCK


Christ DESIGNATED Peter

To be the Rock=

For after=he was gone


And that mantle

Has been passed on to

Every single POPE

Up to and including

Pope Francis


The ENTIRE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY=

The entire world is

PART OF THE ROCK=

And we better all

Start LIVING AS ONE

Church=one world=UNITED=

If we want to SAVE this world


“How good

And how peasant it is=

When God's people

LIVE TOGETHER IN UNITY” Psalm 133:1


CHRIST our rock=Peter our rock

Help us ALL to see=

That we are part o this Church=that we are

Part of this world

PART OF THIS ROCK


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our ALWAYS UNIFYING=God our HOLY FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman

2-20-2021



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Amy Welborn


No comments:

Post a Comment