Saturday, February 13, 2021

DRAWN BY JESUS

 







DRAWN BY JESUS


Are you like me?

Are you DRAWN by Jesus?


Are you drawn to his

COMPASSION and love=

In your brokenness?


That is the WAY

It was=with the people

Of his day


“He remained outside

In deserted places

And people KEPT COMING

From everywhere” Mark 1:45


This is the way it was

With Jesus=SOME 2,000 years ago

Even when he was

Outdoors and solitary-

People were DRAWN TO HIM


Even when he-

DELIBERATELY sought out

Places remote=and wild and lonely

People kept coming for Jesus

And WHY?


They were seeking

The FACE OF LOVE=

They were seeking HEALING

For their brokenness


We TAKE NOTICE

When compassion=when acceptance=

When an OPEN HEART

Are PRESENT in a person


We are drawn to that person

We are=DRAWN TO JESUS!


“And I

When I am lifted up=

From the earth


Will DRAW all people

To myself” John 12:32


“........let us DRAW near to God

With a sincere heart

And with=the full assurance that faith brings


Having our hearts sprinkled

To cleanse us-

From a guilty conscience

And having our bodies washed

With pure water” Hebrews 10:22


Even when we don't quite UNDERSTAND=

When we can't explain

What draws us=TO JESUS


We RECOGNIZE the holiness

And the DIVINITY=in him

We recognize that he is

LIKE NO OTHER


We feel that

Just being in HIS PRESENCE

Brings healing=comforting

And GRACE


“No one can

Come to me

Unless the Father

Who sent me=DRAWS THEM


And I will raise them up

On the last day” John 6:44


This Valentines day=

Let us DRAW OTHERS

To ourselves=like Jesus did


Let us be

The FACE OF LOVE=for all

And be a comforting presence

For others


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!=my friends

I love you all=


And Jesus=and God our Holy LOVING FATHER=

LOVE YOU EVEN MORE


Robert P. Wallman

2-13-2021



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment