Thursday, February 11, 2021

THE POWER OF JESUS' COMPASSIONATE LOVE

 










THE POWER OF JESUS' COMPASSIONATE LOVE


OUR God-our Jesus

Are COMPASSIONATE

They are ALWAYS ready to HEAR

WHENEVER we open our hearts

To SPEAK to them


Jesus was so COMPASSIONATE

When he walked the earth

That he was always ready to HEAL

Those in need


The sick-the deaf-the blind-


“They were exceedingly ASTONISHED

And thy said,

'He has done

ALL things well


He makes the deaf hear

And the mute speak'” Mark 7:37


It ISN'T any different

For us today-

Jesus reaches out to us

In COMPASSION

When we speak to him in PRAYER


“As a father

Has compassion on his children


So the Lord HAS compassion

On those who fear him” Psalm 103:13


And those who LOVE him-sometimes

It is NOT BEST for us

In the long run

For the Lord to answer-

AFFIRMATIVELY-and it is sometimes best

For us to WAIT awhile


ONLY the Lord KNOWS why-but he

STILL has love and compassion for us-

For our problems and our suffering


“In a surge of anger

I hid my face from you

For a moment


But with EVERLASTING KINDNESS

I will have COMPASSION on you

Says the the Lord your REDEEMER” Isaiah 54:8


“PRAISE be to the God and Father

Of our Lord Jesus Christ


The FATHER of compassion

And the God of ALL COMFORT

Who comforts us


So that we CAN comfort those

In any trouble


With the COMFORT

We ourselves receive

From GOD” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


ONE such way-that the Lord

Comforts me


Is that when I have

NO IDEA what I am going

To write


He LAYS WORDS in my heart-

And in my mind

To SHARE with all of you


And as the SAME WAY

The Lord comforts us

WE are to TRY and help

Comfort and SHARE COMPASSION

With others who are suffering


“Even though

I walk though the darkest valley

I will fear no evil

For you are WITH ME


Your rod and staff

COMFORT ME” Psalm 23:4


And we comfort each other

ALONG life's journey


WHEN I run into problems

I ask God-there is NO OTHER WAY

For me to go


And HE always takes over

And tells me what to say-

What to do


MY PRAYERS are always-

ANSWERED in some way

Because of the amazing power

Of God in our lives


I HOPE that yours are too


Dear Lord-MAY we always recognize

THE POWER OF JESUS' COMPASSION

IN OUR LIVES


HUMBLY-in you Lord


Robert P. Wallman

2-9-17



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Kenneth Grabner, C.S.C.



2-11-2021

No comments:

Post a Comment