Sunday, September 17, 2023

WHEN WE ARE=CHILDREN OF GOD!

 

WHEN WE ARE=CHILDREN OF GOD!

 

WHEN=we are=CHILDREN OF GOD

We are to live=UNDER

God’s and Jesus’ rules=LOVE GOD

Love others=Forgive 70 X7=and live

THE BEATUTITUDES=and be kind

TO EVERYONE

 

Just as=when we are YOUNG=we

Have to live=under the rules

Of our parents=what they say goes

And if=WE ARE=TRUE CHILDREN OF GOD

What our God says GOES

 

“Lord=do not trouble yourself=

For I am not worthy=to have you

ENTER UNDER MY ROOF”                                                                                                   Luke 7:6

 

As we get older=in this world

Many of us=GET our own homes

But we remember=we are

CHILDREN OF GOD=Forever and ever

 

We get to DECIDE=IF GOD’S RULES

Apply in our house=THEY DO=if

God lives in our homes=if we are

TRUE CHILDREN OF GOD

 

“But if=serving the Lord

Seems undesirable to you

 

Then choose for yourselves=This day

Whom you will choose=whether the gods

Your ancestors served=beyond the Euphrates=or

The gods of the Amorites=in whose land

You are living

 

But as for me=AND MY HOUSEHOLD=

We will=serve the Lord”                                                                                              Joshua 24:15

 

I couldn’t=BE MORE PROUD

Than to be=FROM the family

I am from

 

I still TREASURE=my long gone

Father and mother=I treasure

MY living sisters=my extended family

And my loving friends

 

But most of all=I CHERISH=and am proud

To be called=A CHILD OF GOD

I hope you are too

WHEN WE ARE=CHILDREN OF GOD!

 

“CHILDREN’S CHILDREN=are a crown

To the aged=And parents are

The pride of their CHILDREN”                                                                                             Proverbs 17:6

 

“If you=then=though you

Are evil=Know how to give good gifts

To your CHILDREN=how much more

Will your Father in heaven

 

Give good gifts=to those

Who ask him”                                                                                                                    Matthew 7:11

 

“CHILDREN=obey your parents

In the Lord=for this is right

‘Honor your father and mother’=

 

Which is the first commandment=

With a promise

 

‘So that it may go well=with you

And that you=may enjoy

Long life=on the earth’”                                                                                                Ephesians 6:1

 

Just=as I am SO PROUD

Of my earthly parents=I am even more

PROUD to be called

A CHILD OF GOD=and a brother of Jesus Christ

 

We live IN LOVE=

WHEN WE ARE=CHILDREN OF GOD!

 

Robert P. Wallman

8-24-2023

 

 

Ps        INSPIRED=by an article=IN LIVING FAITH MAGAINE=by Steve Givens

No comments:

Post a Comment