Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A TREMENDOUS WILL TO LIVE












AUGUST 15th, 2012




A TREMENDOUS WILL TO LIVE




Once upon a time
I saw a gastroenterologist
In Palm Beach Gardens, Florida


My stomach was blown out
To about 45 inches
Like it gets sometimes
These days-almost all of the time


I was in tremendous pain
And he asked about all my operations
And my medical history
He said,


“You must have a tremendous will to live”


That I do
Because every time
That I want to quit
Every time
That I want to give up


I remind myself
Of all those years ago
And what I said,


“I don’t think God
Wants me to die
But if he does
There must be a reason


And if I do die
To please bless my father, my mother,
Terri and Mary, my friends, and my work
Because it would be harder on them
Than it would be on me
I would be gone


But if God wants me to live
I would live for my family, my friends
And all people everywhere”


I woke up two weeks later alive


I see my job
As keeping my word to God
And bringing as much love to others
As humanly possible


Robert P. Wallman
8-23-07


Ps “For it is time for judgment to begin
With the family of God
What WILL the outcome be
For those who do NOT obey
The GOSPEL OF GOD” 1 Peter 4:17


“My food,” said Jesus
“Is to do the WILL of him who sent me
“And to finish his work” John 4:34


“Do not conform any longer
To the pattern of this world
But be transformed by the renewing of the mind

Then you will be able test and approve
What God’s WILL is
His good, pleasing, AND PERFECT WILL” Romans 12:2


Today is the feast of the ASSUMPTION





7-9-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment