Friday, July 26, 2019

NOTHING SO HARD AS FORGIVENESS














NOTHING SO HARD AS FORGIVENESS


I believe the WHOLE
NEW TESTAMENT boils down
To loving God=loving others


FORGIVING OTHERS (as well as
Ourselves)=and the living
Of the BEATITUDES


And there is NOTHING
SO HARD AS FORGIVENESS


“.......teach us to PRAY........” Luke 11:1


ALL we have to do
Is think of and
APPLY the LORD'S PRAYER


“FORGIVE us our trespasses
As we FORGIVE those
Who trespass against us” Matthew 6:12 and Luke 11:4


And we KNOW in order
To be FORGIVEN by God=
We need to forgive others


And we need to do it
FOR OURSELVES=in order to
BE FREE=as well as the
OTHER guy=the other girl


But I have to tell you
There is NOTHING SO DIFFICULT
In all of creation


As to FORGIVE SOMEONE=
When you have been seriously wronged


Sometimes I close my eyes
And open my hands=as I envision
A WILLINGNESS for
My heart to change


PRAYING to change myself=
CREATE in me a CLEAN HEART
O Lord


“The SPIRIT of the Lord
Will come powerfully
Upon you


And you will
Prophesy with them
And you will be


CHANGED into a different person” 1 Samuel 10:6


“........my heart
IS CHANGED within me
All my compassion
Is aroused” Hosea 11:8


“Listen=I will tell you
A mystery


We will not all sleep
And we will all
BE CHANGED........” 1 Corinthians 15:51


And we need to FORGIVE
As often=as we are hurt
Jesus told us that


Some people we can ELIMINATE
From our lives
We can forgive them
And MOVE ON


But there are some people
That REMAIN in our lives
And we NEED to forgive them
As OFTEN as need be


“Then Peter came to
Jesus and asked
'Lord-how many times
Shall I FORGIVE
My brother and sister
Who sins against me?
Up to seven times'


“Jesus answered=
'I tell you=not seven TIMES
But SEVENTY-SEVEN TIMES'” Matthew 18:21


My dear brothers and sisters=
There is NOTHING SO HARD
AS FORGIVENESS


But if you are a TRUE CHRISTIAN=
It comes with the territory


And it FREES us up from
The inside out=it can
MAKE or break us
As a human being


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our all loving=ALWAYS FORGIVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
7-26-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment