Thursday, July 25, 2019

WE ARE ALL-GOD'S TOOLS




















WE ARE ALL-GOD'S TOOLS




Are you LIKE ME-do you
Wake up some days
ROARING to go?


Roaring to do GOD'S WORK
Certain you CAN
Make a difference
In this world


But the truth IS-I am
Just a tool- being USED
By God-to make a difference-
So are you


“It is HE who shall
BUILD a house
For my name


And I will make
His royal throne FOREVER” 2 Samue 13


The truth is-I'm a little
Like King David-thinking I am
Going to build a house
For God


But the truth is
“MY” best work happens
When I have NO idea
What I am doing


Just SURRENDERING myself
To God-to let him
USE ME-in whatever way
That God CAN


Just a tool=just CLAY
In God's hands=
Just a tool
In HIS vast universe


To be USED by God:
“Woe to those
Who quarrel-with their maker


Those who are
NOTHING but potsherds
Among the potsherds
On the ground


DOES the clay
Say to the potter,
'What are you making?'
Does your work say,
'The potter has no hands?'” Isaiah 45:9


“Then the word
Of the Lord
Came to me


He said,
'CAN I not do with you-
Israel-
As the potter does?'
Declares the Lord


'LIKE CLAY
In the hand of the potter
So are you
In my hand-Israel?'” Jeremiah 18:5-6


The Lord's RESPONSE to David
REMINDS US=we are just
God's tool


It's God-it's Christ
WORKING GRACIOUSLY through us


Joseph-whose feast-
We CELEBRATE today
Was a carpenter


USED by God
To make a home for Jesus


Like Abraham-Joseph-REALIZES
He is a tool
To be used THROUGH
His RELATIONSHIP with God


Dear Lord-we are just
YOUR TOOLS-
USE us to BUILD something today


Like you used David
Like you USED Joseph
Like you used Abraham


And we will SING
Of your WORKMANSHIP FOREVER!


Robert P. Wallman
3-19-17




Ps INSPIRED BY AN ARTICLE in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mary Marrocco




7-25-2019

No comments:

Post a Comment