Thursday, August 13, 2020

IS YOUR LOVE REAL?

 







IS YOUR LOVE REAL?


Every day I sit down

And try to write about

God's love=

CHRIST'S LOVE for us


And to a much lesser extent

My own love FOR ALL

OF YOU


God's love is shown

By his CREATION of you


Christ's love is SHOWN by

HIS loving us his whole life

And dying for us ALL


And I HOPE I show

My love for ALL of you

In some small way


“I will remember

The covenant I made with you

WHEN you were a girl.......” Ezekiel 16:60


Ezekiel likens GOD'S LOVE

For his chosen people

To a lover-

REMEMBERING the charms

Of a girl

With whom he fell in love


God's love is REAL=

For all of us=

He loves each and

EVERY ONE of us


It is up to us

To decide whether

WE ACCEPT IT=

And BELIEVE in him


“For my flesh

Is REAL food

And my blood

Is REAL drink


Whoever eats my flesh

And drinks my blood

REMAINS in me

And I in them” John 6:55-56


“These are a shadow

Of the things

That were to come


The REALITY however

Is FOUND IN CHRIST” Colossians 2:17


And today we celebrate

The life of a MARTYR-

Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Whose feast is today


REAL LOVE takes place

In the FLESH


He actually gave his life

For another human being

At Auschwitz concentration camp

And went to his death

For someone else


His life=AND CHRIST'S LIFE

Reflect the definition

Of what Saint Paul

Defines love as


“LOVE is patient-

Love is kind=

It does not envy

It does not boast

It is not proud


It dose not

Dishonor others=

It is not self-seeking

It is NOT easily angered


It keeps NO RECORD of wrongs

LOVE does not delight

In evil=but rejoices

With the truth


It always protects

It always trusts-

Always hopes-always perseveres

LOVE NEVER FAILS” 1 Corinthians13:4-8


GOD'S LOVE IS REAL=

Christ's love is REAL=

And I hope my LOVE

For you all

COMES THROUGH in my writings


LOVE IS AUTHENTIC!

In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our EVER LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman

8-13-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mary Marrocco

No comments:

Post a Comment