Saturday, August 29, 2020

THINKING LIKE GOD

 







THINKING LIKE GOD!


Are you THINKING like God?

Are you DOING God's will?


I TRY=but the only way

To know for SURE=is when

We meet our MAKER!


LOOKING in the

Rear view mirror=for the Lord to

POINT OUT our faults

And our truths


“You are THINKING NOT

As God does=

But as human beings do” Matthew 6:23


I can SEE GOD at the

World's end=or at my life's end

POINTING OUT all of my faults


I look forward

To his wise counsel=

I wish I had it NOW

I wish we ALL

Had it now


We are living in a world

FILLED with the Corona virus

Filled with racism

Filled with poverty


Just look at

WHERE thinking like man

Has gotten us


The real way out

Of this MESS is

To FOLLOW the way of God


Follow the COMMANDMENTS

The way Jesus did


“Jesus replied=

'LOVE the Lord your God

With all your heart

And with all your soul

And with all your mind


This is the first

And GREATEST COMMANDMENT

And the second is

Like it=


'Love your NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF'

All the Law and

The PROPHETS

Hang on these two commandments” Matthew 22:37-40


The SCRIPTURE readings today

FOCUS on doing

The will of God


ONLY a few verses

After Peter recognizes

Jesus as the MESSIAH!=

He tries to talk Jesus

Out of

Going through with HIS PASSION


And Jesus REMINDS us all

That we think

NOT as God does

But as humans do


I wish we all

Had the FORESIGHT of God=

Maybe the world

Would be in

A BETTER PLACE


Jesus wants us all

To take up OUR CROSS


“Whoever does not take

UP THEIR CROSS

And follow me

Is not worthy of me


Whoever finds their life

Will lose it

And whoever loses their life

For my sake

WILL FIND IT” Matthew 10:38-39


We want the easy path=

The easy road for us all


But Jesus wants us

To follow the way

OF THE CROSS


The CROSS was God's will=

And what was difficult

For him=

WAS A BLESSING

For the rest of us


Dear Lord=even when the path

Is hard=

HELP US to do your will


HELP US to THINK like you and Jesus

IN JESUS' name=and in the FATHER'S WILL


Robert P. Wallman

8-29-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Greg Erlandson

No comments:

Post a Comment