Wednesday, August 19, 2020

WHO ARE YOUR SPEECH WRITERS

 




WITNESS



1-4-13



WHO ARE YOUR SPEECH WRITERS


Bob Hope—the famous comedian

Was once asked by a woman

In an airport,


“Can you say something funny?”


“No I can’t,” Mr. Hope responded

“I don’t have my funny speech writers with me”


I guess he didn’t need them after all


Another famous man,

The great Catholic Bishop---Bishop Fulton Sheen

Was once asked,

“Do you have speech writers?”

Bishop Sheen responded,

“Well yes I do---

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John”


Who are the speech writers

Of your life


Your parents---perhaps a trusted sibling

Some close friends


I suggest to you

That there are no accidents in life

We become

Who and what we choose to be

Who and what

We surround ourselves with


“If you are faithful in small things

You will be faithful in large”


For myself---like Bishop Fulton Sheen

The Bible has been

A source of great inspiration for me


The Bible has taught me

Of God’s unconditional love for me ( and you )

The Bible has taught me

That I am a child of God

And that my purpose in life

Is to love God

And to love others


“There is nothing

In this world that I can do

To separate me

From the love of God” Romans 8:37 & 38


If someone asked you tomorrow

“Who are the speech writers of your life?”


WHAT WOULD YOU SAY
HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER?


Robert P Wallman

7-22-11


WITNESS 1-4-13

2-13-15 and 4-2-2019


and 8-19-20-2020


No comments:

Post a Comment