Thursday, August 6, 2020

TAKING ON HIS CHARACTER







TAKING ON HIS CHARACTER



The LIFE of a disciple

Of Christ=

Includes sacrifice and suffering=

It seems overwhelming=

IMPOSSIBLE sometimes


But Saint Paul REMINDS US

That when we were BAPTIZED

We took on

The CHARACTER OF CHRIST


And with the character

Of Christ=

NOTHING is impossible=

We can do ANYTHING


“Jesus said to his disciples=

Whoever wishes

To come after me

Must deny himself=


TAKE UP his cross

And follow me


For whoever wishes

To save his life

Will lose it=

But whoever LOSES his life

For my sake

Will find it


What profit

Would there be

For one to GAIN

The whole world

And forfeit his life?” Matthew 16:24-26


I can't speak for you=

But I have FOUND my life

In my CROSSES


I have found myself

In trying to FOLLOW

The CHARACTER OF CHRIST


Saint Paul said

That when we daily

CONFORM ourselves

We take on

The MIND of Christ


We let him FILL us up

With GRACE=his character=

To fight whatever battles

We need to


In losing ourselves

We take on

The CHARACTER OF CHRIST

We become fluent

In the real Christian life


“And now my daughter

Don't be afraid


I will do for you

All you ask

All the people of my town


Know that you

Are a woman

OF NOBLE CHARACTER” Ruth 3:11


“Not only so

But we also

Glory in our sufferings


Because we know that

Suffering produces perseverance=

Perseverance-CHARACTER=

And CHARACTER-hope


And hope

Does not put us to shame

Because God's love


Has been poured out

Into our hearts

Through the Holy Spirit

Who has been given to us” Romans 5:3-5


Dear Lord=we PRAY

To help us to take

On YOUR CHARACTER


And OVERCOME our crosses

As you in fact did

For all of MANKIND


CONFORM our hearts and souls

To yours

So that we may CARRY

Our crosses with LOVE


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our LIFE GIVING FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman

8-06-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Amy Welborn





No comments:

Post a Comment