Tuesday, March 22, 2022

FINDING THE TIME TO PRAY

 










FINDING THE TIME TO PRAY


We live in a SUPER busy

Fast-paced world


I don't know about you

But I don't always

FIND the time

To spend time with God


That is WHY

I try to PRAY

The first thing EVERY MORNING 

If I can


And that is why

I try to find time

Every day

To write poetry-and write

MY FEELINGS about God


“And WHEN

He had taken leave of them


He went off

To the mountain to pray”                                                           Mark 6:46


If finding time

To pray to his FATHER

Was that important to Jesus


It should be

At least that important

To us


And it doesn't matter

Where we pray

As long as we take the time


To FOCUS on God-EXCLUSIVELY


“But when you pray

Go into your room


Close the door

And pray to your Father

Who is unseen


Then your Father

Who sees what is done

In secret

Will reward you


And when you pray

Do not keep on babbling

Like pagans


For they think

They will be heard

Because of their many words”                                                      Matthew 6:6-7


That is exactly

What I did

AFTER my 3rd life and death surgery

In 1977-went to my room-and

CLOSED the door


And began praying to God 

For GUIDANCE


And he has

PROVIDED the answers

For me


Provided the HELP

That I needed

To keep on going


To sustain myself

Through God-

And through the help 

Of my family and friends


ABUNDANTLY SATISFIED

Through prayer With God the Father

And our brother-Jesus


“You let people

Ride over our heads


We went through fire

And water


But you brought us

To a place of abundance”                                          Psalm 66:12


In PRAYER

We will find the answers

Not in an abundance

Of possessions


But in God's GRACE

And PEACE


“Grace and peace 

Be yours in ABUNDANCE”                                                 1 Peter 1:2


So find some time

During the day

For some quiet-daily prayer


Find the time         

To REFUEL in God 

To refuel in Jesus


Dear Lord-

HELP US to find some time 

For you today


For our QUIET TIME

Set apart with you

Is the KEY to all we do

And accomplish each day


HELP US to find the time

To pray to you TODAY


Robert P. Wallman

1-5-16  and 3-22-23-2022


Ps     INSPIRED by an article in LIVING MAGAZINE by Steve Givens


No comments:

Post a Comment