Thursday, March 10, 2022

THE ESSENCE OF OUR FAITH=is

 

THE ESSENCE OF OUR FAITH=

(is TRUST in God)

 

The ESSENCE of our faith

IS TRUST IN GOD

 

There has never been

Such a REMINDER

Like the PENNY=which says

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

God=not money

PTROTECTS our very souls

 

These words were CHOSEN

In 1956

As our NATIONAL MOTTO

 

Today-“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Is found

On almost currency

 

“I TRUST in the Lord=

My soul TRUSTS

In his word”                                                                                                                              Psalm 130:5

 

Do you BELIEVE THIS?=

I do=I have BUILT my life

On these words

 

And God has kept me going

At so many fruitless times=
in times

 

When it looked

Like there was NO HOPE

 

The ESSENCE=of our faith is=

PUTTING ALL OF OUR TRUST

In God

 

“Commit your way

To the Lord

 

TRUST also in him

And he shall bring it

To pass”                                                                                                                            Psalm 37:5

 

“Behold God is

My salvation

 

I WILL TRUST

And not be afraid=

Jehovah is my strength

And my song

He has become my salvation”                                                                                Isaiah 12:2

 

“But Jesus answered again=

And said to them

 

‘Children how hard-is it

For them=That TRUST in riches

To enter into

The kingdom of God’”                                                                                                          Mark 10:24

 

How HARD it is

For us=WHEN

We put our trust

In anything but God

 

TRUSTING in money=sex=alcohol

And drugs=won’t get you there

EVEN the best of people

Can let you down

Through NO FAULT=of their own

 

EVERY TIME=I reach into

My pocket=and pull out

A coin

 

I am REMINDED that

THE ESSENCE of our faith=my faith

IS TRUST IN GOD

 

We can’t even=ALWAYS rely or ourselves

We have to rely

ON A HIGHER POWER

And our TRUST

Our FAITH=in God our Father

 

“But we had=the sentence of death

In ourselves

 

Therefore=we should NOT TRUST

In ourselves=But in God

Who raises the dead”                                                                                                 2 Corinthians 1:9

 

As Christians=ultimately

OUR TRUST is in God

 

This penny=in my pocket    

REMINDS ME=of this GREAT TRUTH

 

THE ESSENCE OF OUR FAITH=

Is TRUST IN GOD!

 

In Jesus’ name=and in the name of our ALWAYS TRUSTWORTHY=Holy Father God!     

 

Robert P. Wallman

3-10-2022

 

 

Ps      INSPIRED by an article in =LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Melannie Svoboda,  S.N.D. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment